Sunday, January 2, 2011

Can Finally Share My Exciting News!!

YAY!!! I can finally share my exciting news, which is being invited to be part of the Creative Team for Kraft It Up. I'm so thrilled to be able to share this with the other new members: Jules,

Jas,

Nadia

Crystal

whose work I absolutely adore as well as all the gorgeous girls who are the current KIU Creative Team whose creations are so inspirational every month.

KIU Challenge for January

Life is Good at the Beach

This month the challenge at KIU was create a layout based on the theme SUMMER and you must also use a SUMMER word in your title, using Kraft cardstock as your base.



Here is my LO for this month. I used Kraft for my base with a BG border and some gorgeous Bo Bunny pp's which I hand cut, embossed and distressed, a little bit of blue twine to look a little like waves and some mesh for texture. I also splashed some golden yellow Smooch Spritz & Riptide Glimmermist which look so much nicer in real life. My title was cut out of the Bo Bunny pp and reads "Life is Good at the Beach" & a sub title "Sun, Sand & Surf".

This month's challenge is perfect for all those holiday photos, so pop on over and check out KIU for some amazing inspiration from the Creative Team to get the juices flowing. Can't wait to see all your fabulous creations!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love :)


14 comments:

  1. Congrats Cathy! I KNEW you'd make it! You are such a fabulous scrapper - this layout is just amazing!!! Wow - I think it's my fave of yours ever - and that's saying something - because all your work is so fantastic!!! :D

    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BIG CONGRATS!! Cathy you SO Talented & Inspiring.. Love your Layout, Sensational!!!! Can't Wait too see your Amazing work over @ KIU each month...
    & I may even try to apply for a CT postion next time..
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all CONGRATS to you! I am very excited to be working along side such an amazing lady. When I saw this LO....WOW. I cannot believe you hand cut those palm trees. The colours, the pic, the texture...amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that paper is perfect for this challenge, love how you have hand cut it! This is an awesome page...no surprises on being chosen to join the team ;) Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming part of the KIU team Cathy! Such a great choice - your work is amazing! Love your layout too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo !!!! I knew you would make it there was never any doubt in my mind !!Congrats to you .. so well deserved CATHY ..cant wait to see all your beautiful creations, this is superb and amazing, so much detail ..hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow, huge congrats to you....... i love KIU ive done every single challenge since the site started, and definitely gonna play along again this month, love your layout for it, stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to Edwina Scissorhands!!! ( that name will catch on... just you wait!!) Amazing work as usual, love your style - what a great way to start 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOO HOO!!!!! Massive cingrats to you Cathy. You so deserve it and that layout is stunning!! Can't wait to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAAAAAY!! Congrats Cathy!! Love this lo! you are so very clever! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Cathy!! So great to work alongside you. :))) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!! I love your LO! LOve the plam tree's!!

    Tori :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Cathy! Love your work! Gorgeous layout BTW! Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Cathy such a well deserve position. I just love all your embossing, texture and dimension in your layout

    ReplyDelete