Monday, April 11, 2011

Bird Is The Word - New Challenge

Forever

So excited to be posting my 1st CT challenge for Bird Is The Word.  You really should check out the site as the girls have done an amazing job and have created some gorgeous work!





The word for this challenge is "FOREVER" and there is also a fantastic sketch from the lovely Nadia Cannizzo which you may use for inspiration if you choose (optional).

Here is what I came up with for the challenge.  I decided to use a photo of our wedding.. which is a 1st for me... wasn't too keen on our wedding pics, but there are a few that aren't too bad.  Thought I would keep it soft and dreamy by using some of the new Bo Bunny Gabrielle range, lots of yummy Prima flowers and a beautiful old doily from my stash.  The twisted rope and pearl and rhinestone flower centre were recycled from some jewellery.  I am always on the lookout for pieces that I can incorporate into my scrapping and recently managed to purchase some amazing bargains for $2 a piece.

I found this lovely quote and thought it would be perfect for my LO.. it reads " Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased.  Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken.  But it is inscribed on a heart and there it shall remain FOREVER."


Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love :)

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Cathy. Love all the texture on your LO. Have a super day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adore your LO Cathy!!! Totally gorgeous and so is the quote!! Beautiful!!!
    Louxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH your layout is stunning Cathy and what a gorgeous photo. I must try to check out the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness I love this LO....the colours are so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow...this is simply stunning! The colours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh....that quote is just so beautiful...just matches your layout perfectly!! Gorgeous work as always Cathy and Congrats on making the DT!! YAY!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. definately stunning.. and LOOK at YOU.... wow.
    love this..and i think that little splashes of aqua are just amazing... woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. agrgeous layout..grea to have you on the team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy WOW......gorgeous layout!!
    I am in love with doily and its colour what a perfect element for your layout!!.....just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks gorgeous Cathy. And you have to include the wedding photos, your kids will love looking back one day (and probably tell you you were daggy like we did our parents). Love the big doily and that circle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Cathy! What a lovely layout - so elegant and I love your recycled finds (you know I'm into that too!)... recycling rules! :D

    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DEVINE layout Cathy, it's so dreamy and feminine and pretty. Love the pretty flowers, love the pp choice. FAB take on that challenge. Congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely LO Cathy. congrats on the Bird is the word gig too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow a stunning layout Cathy, and I love how you used that thicker rope, the colours pop, looking forward to seeing this one my girl. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW.......Gorgeous! Love all detail, specially that doily!

    ReplyDelete