Saturday, August 28, 2010

Some Last Minute Challenges


Scrap the Boys

Trying to catch up on some challenges for the month.  Just finished this one for Scrap the Boys 1st Aug challenge.  You had to use flowers or show a feminine side on your LO (or both).  I don't usually have flowers on my boy LO's but I used some bright colours and a pic of Luke when he was 2, so the flowers look really sweet on the page.

Used Basic Grey basics on the background & scraps from Kaisercraft, MME, Scenic Route & Cosmo Cricket on this LO.  The flowers are from Prima and I added button centres, a little bit of pom pom ribbon, ric rac and a  little cut out from the Basic Grey Oliver range... love this boy range... for added cuteness.

Scrap the Girls

This one is for Scrap the Girls and the challenge was messy.  You had to have a messy theme and some messy paint.  I chose some recents pics of Brittany with messy hat hair.  Couldn't find any photos for this theme so I grabbed my camera and while Brittany was sitting on the computer I ripped off her beanie and snapped some pics.... she wasn't very impressed.

Used some Dream St, Bo Bunny & MME pp's with a floral KI Memories cut out which I painted black then stitched some buttons for flower centres.  I splattered some red paint on the background paper for the messy paint and finished off with some machine stitching.

Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Cathy, you have been very busy. Your LOs are stunning as usual but my fave is the yellow Sunshine LO. Just gorgeous.
    Glad to hear you are on the mend too. We have been lucky enough to escape the flu this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love both of these gorgeous layouts, and I had to laugh with how you got the photos for the Scrap the Girls layouts, this is priceless, and the gorgeous Scrap the boys layout too, I think you rocked the messy layout too, I love when you put grunge on your layouts, one of my faves was you entry to last months For Screen to Scrap. Glad you are back. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both those layout, and LOL at ripping off brittany's beanie, thats something i would do to my boys lol

    ReplyDelete