Sunday, April 13, 2014

Exciting News to Share and CSI 118 GDT Spot

Hi Everyone,

I have some news to share... so excited to have been invited by the lovely Debbi Tehrani to be part of the Colour Stories Inspiration Team starting at the beginning of May.  A huge congrats to all the new and returning Design Team members.  Can't wait to see all the gorgeous and inspirational creations from this amazing group of super talented ladies.  Check out the link HERE to see the new CSI Design Team.

I also have my 2nd LO to share as this month's Guest Designer for Colour Stories Inspirations and The Trinket Track.  Case File #118 is up at CSI and this week being the 2nd week of the month there is also a Page Drafts sketch designed by the fabulously talented Emma Stafrace.

I Love Capturing Your Beautiful Smile
When I saw the scheme for this weeks case file I knew I would use these gorgeous pics of my daughter.  The reason I say gorgeous is not because of her looks, it is because of her beautiful smile, which now that she is older, is very difficult to capture in a photo.  She always has such a serious face when I try and take pics, so when I manage to capture a smile, it's like all my Christmases have come at once.

This month CSI has teamed up with The Trinket Track, and I was sent a fabulous parcel of goodies from Monica Brady to play with.   Here are the items used which are available in store.  Click on the links to take you directly to The Trinket Track

Ruffled chiffon flower-peach- I have used the peach chiffon flower as the main flower in my cluster and altered the flower by replacing the silver button centre with a fussy cut flower.
Manor House Creations flowers-springtime white- used as part of my flower clusters and lightly splattered with yellow mist.
Green Tara 3cm paper roses-turquoise which were altered by opening up the roses and using a resin button woodstain-mint topped with a pearl for the flower centre.
Resin bird duo-aqua- used the bird to embellish the peek-a-boo tear under the title.
Evidence: 
White Background - I have used a  white weatherboard pp for my background
Heart - a fussy cut heart on my journaling pocket, I also created a heart stencil with my Silhouette Cameo masking the script pp with gesso and yellow ink
Arrows - used an arrow diecut sticker as part of my title
Pockets - for my hidden journaling I used a pocket envelope.  The journaling reads - Brittany, I love seeing your beautiful smile.  It's nice to see you so happy and carefree and even better when I manage to capture this in a photo.

Testimony: Put journaling in a pocket, Inspiration words - beautiful


Welcome to The Trinket Track. The home of the cutest little trinkets around!

Here at The Trinket Track we aim to provide a variety of crafters with a wide selection of embellishments for scrapbooking and cardmaking. Love to make your own accessories? No problem, we have you covered too with a selection of beads, ribbon and other little trinkets.

We hope you have an enjoyable shopping experience down the track! For ideas on how to use our embellishments visit the blog: www.thetrinkettrack.blogspot.com

Product Used:  The Trinket Track embellishments, Kaisercraft, Pink Paislee, MME, Crate Paper, Cosmo Cricket, Daisy D's and WRMK pp's, Sizzix scallop envelope die, Daisy D's diecut stickers, Prima stamp, Kaisercraft pearls, Silhouette heart stencil, Lindy's Stamp Gang mica powder-menorah gold, Luminarte pigment powder-summer breeze,  modelling paste, Prima chalk inks, tiny tag, October Afternoon alpha stickers

Thanks so much for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. HUGE CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see more CSI inspiration Cathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la, this turned out gorgeous! Such a wonderful fresh lay-out! Huge congrats on the new DT gig :) You will amaze them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy this is so beautiful! These colors are so pretty and your photos are gorgeous! The distressed edges look wonderful too. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge congrats Cathy! Go you! And this page is drop dead gorgeous. I love the colours. Hope to see you in Brissy if you're going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on FB and had to come take a closer look. Simply a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. big big congrats to you Cathy . so well deserved, and a warm welcome to CSI, you will love it . cant wait to see all the beauty you create x

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!!! You'll be awesome over there...& TT goodies are YUM!!! LOOOVE the colours in this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning and vibrant page to match that beatific smile. Gorgeous fussy cutting and layering and I love the little pocket. Congratulations on being chosen for the team. How exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Cathy! Congrats and a very warm welcome to the CSI team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! That's just super exciting news Cathy! Huge congrats to you. Your layout is just stunning. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is simply gorgeous.. love all the colors and patterns. My sister sent me a link to your blog because she thought I would love it..and she was right!! Your projects are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Cathy, ..... Your work is just gorgeous. I look forward to working with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! I love this layout soooo much!!! Your daughter has a lovely smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Big congrats on your new spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This lo is absolutely AMAZING! Wow! LOVE this to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and looking forward to all your inspiration! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous page Cathy! and Congrats

    ReplyDelete