Saturday, June 23, 2018

Dusty Attic - Forever in my Heart Canvas

Hi everyone,
Cathy here today sharing a pretty canvas created with some of the new release Dusty Attic chipboard designs and one of the new Impact Titles.

"Forever in my Heart"

 I am in love with the new industrial chipboard designs which are perfect for masculine or feminine grunge/vintage themed layouts and just the thing for steampunk inspired creations.  This month I have created a canvas using the Industrial Hearts and teamed it with one of the new Impact Titles 'Forever in my Heart'.

To tie in with my heart theme, I used Prima Matte Gel Medium with the sweet Mini Heart Stencil.  Once dry, I misted over the stencilled background with Lindy's mists in silver and coral tones.

 The Industrial Hearts chipboard pieces were first coated with gesso, then whilst the gesso was still wet, I sprinkled with Stampendous aged silver embossing powder and heat set.
To add a bit of dimension, I layered a few of the Mini Cogs, which I embossed with Lindy's Kaiser Rudolf Russet, then swiped over with a touch of Copper Inka Gold, and topped with a few pearls.

For a touch of contrast colour, I tucked in sections of Wildgrass #2 in amongst the fussy cut flowers.  The wildgrass chippies were altered by coating with gesso, then adding a coat of Little Birdie Lime Crush Tinted Metallic Paint.

 The new release Impact Titles are so versatile and there are so many to choose from!!  Keeping to my heart theme I have used the 'Forever in my Heart' impact title.

To alter the title I coated with gesso, then added a coat of Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glaze.  Once dry, I lightly swiped the edges with DecoArte Metallic Lustre in Polished Coral.

Dusty Attic Product Used

Other Product Used:
Prima and Kaisercraft pp's
Kaisercraft pearls - snow
Green Tara roses
DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Polished Coral and Rose Gold
Inka Gold - Copper
Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glaze
Little Birdie Tinted Metallic Paint - Lime Crush
Stampendous aged silver embossing powder
Lindys Mists - Gag Me With A Spoon Gray, 
Wild Honeysuckle Coral, Cape Cod Coral
Prima Matte Gel Medium

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Crafting

Cathy :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous Cathy, I love the hearts and the back ground textures look wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete