Monday, June 28, 2010

ARtastic June Challenge

Only just managed to get this one in for ARTastic this month.  I just printed some gorgeous pics of Brittany that we took outdoors last weekend.  I thought this one would be perfect as she is leaning against a tree.  I used Basic Grey Wisteria, Pink Paislee Queen Bee & MME pp's & Websters 6x6 paper pad which I cut out to frame the photo.  There are 3 little falling leaves which I also cut out.  The gorgeous tree is a diecut sticker from Websters .  There are coloured birds... one in the tree and one in the Websters cut out which frames the photo.  I also added a chipboard bird cage which I purchased at the Papercraft Expo and this is one of my favourite items.

This was the criteria for this month's painting "The Perfumed Garden" by John Coburn.

Diva Demand for an extra 6 bonus points

1 x tree = 1pt
2 x different coloured birds = 2pts
3 x falling leaves = 3pts

YAY!! - Another layout published with Scrapbooking Memories.

Thought I would send in a few LO's for general submissions to SM last week and I received an acceptance for my "New Day" LO.  I really loved this one as it's so soft and pretty.... so so excited.

From Screen 2 Scrap June Challenge

Stayed up to get this one in on time.  Been really busy ferrying the kids around as its school holidays.  Loved this challenge.  The inspiration was "Alice in Wonderland" poster and the criteria was:

1) A white rabbit = 1pt
2) A clock or a fob watch = 2pts
3) Drink 'me' bottle = 3pts

I used an old pic of DD sleeping... don't they look angelic when they sleep!!!.... and used the title "Off to Wonderland".  Did a fair bit of hand cutting for the elements on my page with Websters & Prima pp's.... I love these papers as they're fab for hand cutting.  Found an image on google for the white rabbit & drink me bottle.  The white rabbit has a fob watch... so all the criteria were covered.  The background paper had a circular design which I used to place my photo then handcut roses, clouds, the drink me bottle and a fairy around the photo with some lace and pearls.


Talk soon :)


4 comments:

  1. Well done on SM. Will look for your name. Those LOs are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the two LOS, also want to make a LO inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
    Your work is wonderful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow I knew you would be picked up super quick by Scrapbooking Memories, your time has come dear friend, congratulations and I just love love both of these gorgeous creations, just romantic and beautiful. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Cathy, I'm so glad you have been published :)
    Beautiful work, I'm a big fan of yours!
    TC
    shazza

    ReplyDelete