Saturday, July 16, 2011

Once Upon A Sketch July 15 - Guest DT

A Smile Takes But A Moment 

First up I want to let you know that I'm still here, just been a bit absent as I have been trying to catch up with some DT work, so I haven't had too much to blog about.  I will be popping in today and tomorrow to leave a little love.  I have decided to spend one day a week to post (unless I have a DT blog post) and catch up with all you lovely ladies as I am trying to organise my time a little better and thought it would be easier if I allowed one day a week to spend solely on blogging and computer work, otherwise I tend to get a little distracted if I go back and forth... can't wait to see what you've all been working on.

This month I had a guest DT spot at Once Upon a Sketch for winning last month's sketch challenge.  I created 2 LO's as a guest designer and this is the second, which I really enjoyed creating, as Nadia's sketches are always so inspiring.  The criteria for this challenge is to follow the sketch, and use a quote for your journalling. You must pop on over and check out the gorgeous DT examples... so much amazing inspiration here.



I used some BG for the background, and masked and misted a gorgeous felt frame which I purchased at the show.  The pp's and are from Prima which I distressed inked and punched.  The photos were framed with twine and a fantastic technique I learned from Louise Nelson's class at the Papercraft Show.  Had to add some flower clusters and used some Prima, Flora Doodles and paper blossoms.  The cute little heart flourish chippies I coloured with a gel pen and you can find both of these at Scrapmatts.  I have a massive stash of doilies, so I decided to hand dye a few to fit in with my colours and to add a little texture. I think the lace is from Maya Road, wish I purchased more of this as its so pretty.  Couldn't have a feminine LO without a couple of butterflies.. I'm sure you all know how much I love flowers and butterflies by now.


Some Sneaky Peeks




Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love :)))

15 comments:

  1. Cathy Cathy CATHY !!!!OMG !!! this is stunning ... love it .. congrats on your GD spot .. wowzer ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy I just loved this when I saw it at OUAS. I love the sketch and of course you have worked it beautifully. Love the misting/masking with the outline. I must try that.
    Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW cathy... super special. I particularly love the masking and tracing. ikwym about getting distracting with blogging/visiting and net browsing.. might give your plan a go myself too! :) oh... and the movie was great!! hope you are having a good one... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Cathy. I love all the textural detail.

    And oh man I hear ya on the computer/blog time. I really should have more of a system but I haven't seemed to put anything in place yet. Like your idea though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I so love this Cathy, I just love love what you did with the twine around the photos, your misting is just divine, I love the photos of Brittany and so hear you re: the blogging, it is really hard getting into a routine with it, good luck with it, and I too love your idea...Melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful layout!! I love colors! this is stunning.....
    thank you very much for your lovely comment to my blog:) It's really appreciated!
    Hugs from france!
    corinne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page, beautiful girl, all so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, congrats on that Guest DT, your layout is so lovely, pretty and I just love the effect of that twine. Love the sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, your take on the sketch is just absolutely gorgeous! I LOVED it the minute I saw it! The misting looks fab combined with everything else! I like those 'sneaks' also, can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy this layout is perfection!! Stunning photos of your DD, gorgeous combination of colours, amazing misting/masking. LOVE it all. :-) PS IKWYM about the blogging. It is SO hard to keep up with everything all the time. Someone needs to make the days longer...or maybe the nights after the kids are asleep!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! OH! WOW! Just utterly Gorgeous.... You have rocked the Sketch!!
    i just got another Punch the other day & thought of doing a boarder with it & seeing this Layout has convinced me to give it a G.O.
    Ohhhhh & just Loving all of your Sneeks!!!!
    Enjoy your Week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lost for words...i can spot some yummy scrapmatts in your sneaks...can't wait for the reveal.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY very pretty layout! Lovely colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your work is totally gorgeous Cathy & this is a great example. Love all the details...would love a tut on that awesome twine edging...magnificent. I'm also struggling to find the time to blog, blog-comment & keep up with all my DT assignments - let alone enter challenges on top of it all. Took tonight "off" to spend with DH's laptop im bed & have commented for 4 hours now & still not through my list of favourite peeps...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous Cathy!! The colours are sensational and the masking/misting is PERFECT! Congrats! :))xx

    ReplyDelete