Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bird Is The Word - Remember

Hi Girls,

This fortnight's word at Bird is the Word is "Remember".  Just use the word on your LO, Card or OTP creation in your title or journaling.  Pop on over and check out the amazing creations from our super talented Design Team for some inspiration, and you also have the option of using a fab sketch designed by Mary Thomas.

Remember, You Are My Most Favourite Memory




When we were overseas recently my SIL pulled out some old photos of the kids I had sent to her years ago.  This was one I just had to copy, and I couldn't wait to scrap those cheeky little faces.  I think the kids were 4 and 6 years old here and so darn cute.  I have used some gorgeous Crate Paper pp's which of course I had to fussy cut and the background is an old Bo Bunny paper.  The little chippie hearts are from Scrapmatts and I just left them raw and backed them with some pp.  I have been seeing the torn and folded edges on some gorgeous creations from Melinda Thompson and Julie Winks for a while now and was inspired to use this technique on my LO... I love how it came out!

Designed by Mary Thomas
(Use of sketch is optional)

Guest Designers

BITW will now have guest designers!! I think this will be a super fun opportunity for all of us to meet some new people and get some fresh ideas.  The winners will get to be a guest designer for a word to be announced one month from their winning entry....this means the guest designers will get one month to work on their layouts or projects. We are also going to have a random guest designer position as well. I will randomly choose a winner from the ended challenge to be a guest designer too!! Being a guest designer is optional and is not a requirement, so if you do not have time or do not wish to participate, feel free to say no.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love.  Your comments really make my day.

Cathy :))

29 comments:

  1. Lovely layout and very cute photo!very pretty little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SENSATIONAL !!!!!!! love the pop of bright red ... gorgeous photo xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Cathy - that is just stunning! Love how the tear and pics lead down to a bouquet of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning, love how your photo shows through your tear and all that gorgeous fussy cutting, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love! Everything about this layout is just gorgeous Cathy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely Cathy - what a great word to scrap book about. Gorgeous picture and gorgeous flowers - I love that torn look too - you've made it work so well here. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous layout Cathy - just love this mix of Crate papers!
    Thankyou for your kind comments on my blog today - I'll be sure to visit Scrapmatts for inspiration frequently! See you around x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW.....your layout is gorgeous!!!! the photo of the kids just precious!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cathy!
    Hope all is well.....
    When I seen this Prior to the release I thought this REALLY has the WOW factor Cathy.... LOVE this too bits!!! & you Inspired me to get out my stash of CP - Random range!!!! Just need to find sometime & have a play.......
    THANKS!!
    ENJOY your Week! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Cathy. The love hearts look awesome and the photo behind the paper. And how young are the kids? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this us so beautiful. i love a papers you have used and the photo like that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page, Cathy! I love that torn technique like that!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Cathy!!! love the photo peeking out and the sweet hearts :-) helps that I'm still completely in love with this CP range :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOODNESS!! This is so beautiful Cathy and you have done the 'torn/folded' look perfectly!! Just love those cute hearts...they are really eye catching! Thanks so much for the mention sweets...you are so beautiful! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cathy, your layout is just amazing, you rocked that torn paper look and I love the title and pretty flowers/butterflies/hearts cluster. FAB take on the sketch. That photo is so special and just adorable!

    Thanks so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog, it was so wonderful of you! Hope you are having a great week and I look forward to catching up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cathy, been ages since i stopped by (been away) and wow this is so beautiful. love all that burst of colour popping out from the the middle of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again Cathy! I hope you are well! :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful page Cathy!! lovely pics, great colors!!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous layout, I love the way you have done the picture on the top of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really love the way the layout tears open to reveal the photo! Gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Cathy!! Your design is amazing for this LO!! Incredibly stunning!! Wonderful work, I love it so much!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Cathy,

    How are you? It's been awhile since I've been here. Love this LO! Sabrina is right, the design is just amazing! I hope you're doing well..

    Take care,
    Marivic

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMW! i think this has to be my favourite layout ever! love the classic colour scheme, the fussy cutting teh framed hearts!! Look how lil and cute your kids were! they are so grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful!! Love it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!! I think this is my new fave of yours Cathy. Absolutely beautiful. Love the torn, folded back bits with the gorgeous flowers 'dripping' from it.

    ReplyDelete