Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Colour Room #30


Sweet Louie

When I saw this colour palette for TCR I knew I would have to use a photo of our Cocker Spaniel Louie.  He has the sweetest face... even when he's being naughty it's hard to stay mad when he looks at you with those big brown eyes!  He had just finished digging a hole in my garden when this pic was taken.

Painted my background on textured cardstock for something different and got out the needle and thread to stitch and knot the border.  A few scraps and some doilies and finished off with some Prima flowers with some gorgeous covered buttons I just purchased from Sam at Purple Pumpkin... aren't they just scrummy!!

Thanks for stopping by :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This is great, I love it - especially the painted background. And I have to agree, those buttons really are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout Cathy! You certainly have a way with paint. Love the doily edge and Louie is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are gorgeous, really love the colours on this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cathy ... just loved it over a tcr... really stands out! i've got a little surprise for you over at my place too :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just AMAZING Cathy!!!!!! Love that painted background and I too am a huge fan of Purple Pumpkin buttons!!! The stitching is really effective too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Cathy....all that stitching and knotting - lots of work but so effective. Love your LO and who couldn't love that face.....LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy!!

    Gorgeous page, i love your painting!
    The stamp on my WW1 page you asked about is a technique tuesday stamp :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page Cathy. The paint work is fantastic and the stitching is fab. Gorgeous all round really :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that layout is so sweet and gorgeous. I love your hand stitching and you did a great job with that palette. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh butter wouldn't melt...lol. He sure is a gorgeous dog and i love your LO...just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Cathy. love all the work you did on it

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much Cathy for your congrats on my blog.. I love reading your lovely comments ... your work is truly stunning and very inspiring . hugs from me x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning layout Cathy, Nate will just love meeting Louie, he loves dogs, I will buy a treat for him to bring. I love how you painted this wonderful background and the PP button did not go unnoticed. Love it all, Melxx

    ReplyDelete