Monday, December 19, 2011

Bird Is the Word - Wonder

Hi Girls,

Well our family is currently on holiday in New Zealand, so I have timed this blog post and I'm hoping it goes to plan.  If I manage to get some computer time while I'm away, I will try and pop around and leave some love.

This fortnight's challenge at Bird is the Word is to use the word WONDER on your layout, card or OTP project as your title or part of your journaling...when you have your project complete, please link it up over on the right side of our blog and give credit back to Bird is the Word on your blog. The design team will vote at the end of the challenge. Five layouts will be chosen and the final winner will receive a prize kit from Tidbitz In Time. Pop on over to our blog site and check out all the gorgeous creations from our talented Design Team for a bit of inspiration.

There is also a sketch designed by the talented Mary Thomas (which is optional) to get your creative juices flowing.

The Beauty and Wonder of Nature



I was inspired to used another beautiful butterfly pic taken in my garden earlier this year.  After the floods, there were so many butterflies fluttering around, and I spent the whole week running around the garden trying to snap pics of them as there were so many different butterflies, that I hadn't seen before and this pic is one of my favourites.

I used the gorgeous Crafter's Workshop blossom stencil with some mauve paint and gesso for the background to tie in with the flowers in my photo.  I just love the doily chippies from Scrapware and used one to frame my photo, then trimmed it with some lace for a little texture.  I found a beautiful purple & beige doily a while ago at my local op shop and thought it was perfect colour for my LO.  Couldn't resist adding some Collections butterflies and paper blossoms, with a little muslin under the flowers to create a bit of softness to finish my page.

Sketch designed by Mary Thomas

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love.  I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and wonderful New Year :)) 

10 comments:

  1. Cathy this just took my breath away when I saw it. I love the mix of purple and green and what a stunning butterfly photo. The doily, the title, the distressing, masking and just all of it.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, I love the butterflies and of course the doily does add a lot to the page. Merry christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jasmine ~ had to come over from BTW to say how lovely I thought your LO was ... especially the colour combo. The whole page has got the 'wow' factor:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings.. oh this is so beautiful.. i love butterflies too.. a gorgeous photo.. love the colors.. thank you for all your wonderful inspiration this year on your blog too.. i wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and all the best for 2012..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Cathy .. this is awesome .. you do purple so well ... sometimes it can be a difficult color to work with but you have nailed it .... hugz x
    happy Xmas xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so beautiful Cathy! Love the doiley underneath the chippie frame! Enjoy your holiday and Merry Christmas :))x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo beautiful Cathy! Brilliant photo & I love your distressing, the colours & design.
    I'm sure you are all having a fantastic holiday. Merry Christmas to you & the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SOOOOooo Totally DIVINE Miss C!!!
    GORGEOUS array of Colors & I just LOVE this Design....
    You have Inspired ME So much thoughout the YEAR...
    THANKS for That!!
    WISH YOU & Your Family a VERY Merry Christmas & a FAN FAB U LAS New year...
    Enjoy time away
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are just superbly crafted! Beautiful work!
    Have a wonderfully creative and happy twenty12!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what stunning layout this is Cathy. I just adore how you have got the lace around the chippie frame, what a perfect idea. xx

    ReplyDelete