Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scrapmatts - More Christmas Creations

This month at Scrapmatts the theme is still Christmas and I have a few creations to share with you.  Don't forget you still have time to enter Angella's 12 Days of Christmas challenge to be in the running for a $25 Scrapmatts chippie voucher.  Pop on over to the blog site for details.

Noel


As you may have noticed from previous projects I created last month, I am just loving the Christmas bauble chippies and I have used them on a LO this time.  They went so perfectly with the Fancy Pants pp, that I had to use them.  I used some stickles glitter glue and a pearl to alter them and topped them with a twine bow.  The sweet angel charming chain is handmade by Tracy at my2angels.

Poinsettia Christmas Tree

I'm sure you all know by know how much I love flowers, so when I got my hands on some of these cute poinsettia blooms I thought I would use them to decorate the fabulous Scrapmatts Christmas Tree OTP chippie.  I painted the tree green then coated with Jo Sonja Opal Dust and used some gold glitter glass to make the star sparkle.  To give an overall soft and pretty look, I backed the flowers with some distressed muslin and placed them randomly on the tree, then twined some strips of red tulle to fill in the spaces.

Christmas Robin Card

I used a gorgeous Scrapmatts frame for this card and just highlighted it with pearls and a pretty Christmas robin which I hand cut and layered, then added a Martha Stewart border punch around the card to tie in with the frame.

Joy Card

On this card I used the Joy chipboard words which I inked in gold.  I layered different flowers and added some berries and a gold button to make a beautiful focal point on the white card.


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love.  Your comments really make my day :))


11 comments:

  1. oh Cathy ..you have done it again !!!!! absolutely stunning awesome work ... I love coming here to see all the magic xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are delightful Cathy and you page is just spectacular. So Christmassy and bright and the baubles look FABULOUS. Love it.
    Have a Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas works Cathy!
    Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing Cathy! Adore those hanging ornaments on your LO and that flower cluster on your Joy card is just stunning xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet !!!This is just a STUNNING and MARVELOUS page and I love the card too!!!
    I´m in love with everything you do!!!
    Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you have written in my blog in 2011!!!
    I wish a wonderful 2012!!
    Big huges and kisses with much love.
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where Hope grows miracles blossom!!!
    Wish you Kathy and yours a very happy new year - I love your gorgeous cards. I love the style layout and wonderful papers and embellishments are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy your work is exquisite!!!!.....
    thank you so much for sharing your beautiful art!
    I wish you a fabulously creative 2012
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love how the ornaments are hanging in the first layout. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Cathy!!! A lot of blessings for you and your family!!! This page is So Beautiful!!!! love the snowflakes ornaments are fantastic!! and your cards are Beautiful, too!!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such stunning Christmas projects yet again Cathy. My favourite is the first layout, just breathtaking. xxx

    ReplyDelete