Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Dusty Attic - Discover - New Release chipboard

Hi everyone, today I am sharing a layout created with some of the new release chipboard designs from The Dusty Attic.

Upon spying the new world map chipboard design, I knew I would use it on a travel page from my son Luke's recent trip to Japan.  I teamed it with some travel wordpl@y and disk chippies 

Discover
 To create my background I roughly tore the edges of the red pp and tore smaller sections of navy and red pp's to layer underneath, then adhered to a creamy white background.

I stamped randomly over the background first with a distress stamp in Carnation Red archival ink, then in Cobalt archival using the bubble stamps.

 I decided to use the other half of the Mystic Frame #2 chipboard, which I had cut in half to use on another project.   The frame was altered by inking in cobalt, then coating with Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Medium

The larger World Map chipboard was cut into 2 sections, then one of them was cut in half, which I used to layer on top of the Mystic Frame and in my small cluster on the bottom right.  To alter the world maps I inked them in white, then used a Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress marker around the edges to make them pop.
The hello world Word Disk chipboard was backed with red paper, inked in cobalt and coated with Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Medium, and the Wordpl@y chipboard pieces were inked in carnation red, then coated with Clear Gloss Medium.

To finish off I flicked some watered down Izink in Jasmine, which has a lovely glossy metallic sheen.

Other Product Used
 Basic Grey and MME pp's
Kaisercraft Distress texture stamp
Kaisercraft Pack Your Bags Stamp Set
IndigoBlu  Bubble stamp
Prima Finnabair Stamp
Ranger Archival Ink - Cobalt, Carnation Red
Versamagic Chalk Ink - Cloud White
Izink - Jasmine
Tim Holtz Distress Marker - Chipped Sapphire

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Happy Crafting

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a fabulous photo, and great chipboard too.. love the colors.. love the ripped edges too... I hope you have had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I love your use of all the mediums.

    ReplyDelete