Saturday, May 1, 2010

Woo Hoo... I Won a Challenge

I'm so excited I won April's From Screen to Scrap Challenge.  The prize was a gorgeous kit from What's Old is New.  The movie poster inspiration was "Little Miss Sunshine".  The challenge was to use a fair bit of yellow, have Little Miss or Little Mr in your title, and a car, truck or van somewhere on the page.   This was my LO.


MAD ABOUT SCRAPPIN CHALLENGES

Did some last minute scrapping to get my 4 April challenges finished for Mad About Scrappin.

Card Challenge - April 1 of 4

This challenge was to use ribbon, circles and flourishes.  I used bright Fancy Pants & MME pp's. There is a ribbon bow on the Prima flower centre with flourishes on either side, and there are circles on the pp's and the button is also a circle.  I used a Stampendous stamp for the sentiment.

Card Challenge - April 3 of 4

For this card challenge you had to use dark muted colours, some stripes and it had to be a masculine card.  I used WRMK & Prima papers with an EK Success punch on the stripe border. A Tim Holtz grungeboard skull painted black with a Scrappy Cat stamp with a bit of ribbon and some Carolees alpha stickers.

LO Challenge - April 4 of 4

For this LO challenge you had to have a black background with negative space.  I decided to use this pic of me which was taken by a friend when we did a photography class.  I rarely like photos of myself and I don't have very many as I am usually the one behind the camera, but I really liked this one as it was taken of me when I was unaware.  I find it difficult to pose for pictures and look natural.  Used Jillibean, Bo Bunny & Teresa Collins pp's & a book page, with Chip Chop Shop doily & button, rhinestone button, Martha Stewart punches and a Unity lamp stamp.  

LO Challenge - May 1 of 4

For this card challenge you had to use flowers and leaves with some bling.  I used Bo Bunny & October Afternoon pp's with rhinestones as flower centres.  Hero Arts stamp on a K&Co journal tag and a Martha Stewart doily punch.  Finished off with a button and some ribbon.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Cathy, I didn't actally know you had a blog, so am so happy I can now follow your blog. I just love love these gorgeous pieces of art you have made, wow some eye candy here, going to try to do some Challenge Heaven entries this month as my mojo is a bit low at present, but after seeing your wonderful designs I am feeling a little motivated, thanks....Love Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved that fs2s entry......... and love all your other work here, gorgeous work as always cathy

    ReplyDelete