Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sweet as Candy?


The Lollipop Ladies - Challenge #8

When I saw the jar of jellybeans as inspiration for The Lollipop Ladies challenge I knew I would have to take part as I had the perfect photo. This pic was taken when I dragged the kids out for a photo shoot last year.  We saw this huge poster advertising a lolly shop and thought it would make a fab background.  The title says it all... Brittany was pretty much over it by this stage and was giving me attitude... but it's still a great pic!!

Used some bright pp's to go with the jellybeans, some cute MS punches and some doodling in black to tie in with the black title.  The extra criteria on this challenge was to use gloss on your creation.  I used the gloss on the ink splats, mushrooms and the coloured sections on the doodled border.

Visit with Melissa

Finally managed to get together with the lovely Melissa O'Neill who has the most gorgeous scrapping style and who I have gotten to know through scrap blogging.  We had a fabulous time but ended spending most of it chatting instead of scrapping lol!!  I also got to meet her adorable little boy Nate, who was such a little darling during our visit.  Mel took a few snaps of Nate and the kids... I even let her take one of the two of us :0   You may all know I hate having my pic taken!!

I'm so looking forward to our next visit when this time we will get stuck into some serious scrapping!!  Thanks for a lovely day Mel :)




Thanks for stopping by :)



14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how perfect is that pic - gorgeous LO Cathy and it sounds like you had alot of fun with Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Cathy, that photo is so perfect for that challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you came up with the most stunning gorgeous layout here Cathy, lol re: Brittany's face in the photo, this shows a side I find surprising to fit the girl I met last week, she does look over it but at the same time it is showing a confidence that she should be proud of, you are too clever copying the photos like that and I just love how you did the splotches and the doodling around the edges is really effective, you just kept me talking so I don't learn your awesome style for scrapping I know. lol I really enjoyed myself thankyou. Your work is just amazing Cathy. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that layout Cathy. It's so vibrant and fun. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that photo is amazing...and so is the LO to match it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am loving this and you are right, that pic is perfect sweetness for this challenge. Thank you for joining us this fortnight Cathy ... hope to see you back at Lollipop Ladies soon!

    x Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am loving this and you are right, that pic is perfect sweetness for this challenge. Thank you for joining us this fortnight Cathy ... hope to see you back at Lollipop Ladies soon!

    x Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh cathy .. gorgeous page and how ingenious using the jelly beans as inspiration.
    great pics and how wonderful to meet Melissa in the flesh.. I bet you did "chat and chat" we "artists" tend to do that don't we ?? fantastic.. so pleased you like my textile samples .. unfortunately the pics on the blog don't do them justice as it is difficult to see the texture. any way ?? hugs from me x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! this layout is AWESOME and that photo IS totally PERFECT for the challenge!! What a great backdrop it is! :D Thanks for joining in our Lollipop Ladies Jellybean challenge!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love love it Cathy. Never heard of this site before but will be joining in now!!! And lucky you for meeting the lovely Miss Mel...a true gem!!!
    Hope your are well.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so jealous you and Mel got to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you both are stunners.
    love this graphic feel of this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only say "WOW"! This layout is stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at the Lollipop Ladies this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. this LO is so gorgeous Cathy!!! I hope you applied for the Masters comp andare just keeping quiet!!! Gorgeous.
    Just became "friends" with Mel too - she is gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along at LL's

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome photo Cathy. Perfect for the challenge. I love your LO. The colours, the doodling, everything. Thanks for joining us with your fab creation at the Lollipop Ladies. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete