Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lindy's Stamp Gang February Colour Challenge with Manor House Creations

Hi Ladies,

Last month I took part in Lindy's Stamp Gang Colour Challenge for the 1st time.  I enjoyed it so much, that I decided to have a go at this month's striking colour challenge.

I was inspired to create this LO with the help of  Corrie's #3 and Shirel's #4  Pop and Colours #2  Workshop tutorials, and again had a lot of fun playing with mixed media techniques.

Love The Skin You're In


The background was coated with gesso.  Once dry, I misted with water, then sprayed with Tiffany Lou Blue starburst spray for a soft watercolour effect.  I didn't have the Chesire Cat Cherry starburst spray, so I mixed Autumn Maple Crimson and Cotton Candy Pink starburst sprays together which came pretty close to a match. I created the outline of the heart by using the end of the mister as a brush and used the mixed pink colour and Tibetan Poppy Teal starburst spray. After stamping and masking randomly around the heart I lightly flicked the Tibetan Poppy, mixed pink colour and Midnight Rendevous Raven.  I also used a brush to accent some of the masking with the pink spray.

Couldn't go past using flowers from the Manor House Creations Spring 2013 Collection.  The blue minuettes from the denim mix and pink flowers from the LO pack - cheeky were a perfect match for the Starburst Sprays.  To grunge up the flowers I made sure some of the flicks of Raven mist landed on the flowers.  I also altered the pink flower from the LO Pack by pulling apart the flower and using the top section, which I stamped in black with a Kaisercraft chevron stamp and topped with a recycled black fabric button.

Manor House Creations Products:  Minuettes - denim mix and LO Pack - cheeky


Other Product Used:  MME, Basic Grey Prima and Bo Bunny pp's, Lindy's Stamp Gang Tibetan Poppy Teal, Autumn Maple Crimson, Cotton Candy Pink, Tiffany's Blue and Midnight Rendevous Raven starburst sprays, Prima stencils, Kaisercraft, Prima and Tattered Angels stamps, gesso, modelling paste, metal spacers, Tim Holtz filmstrip die, Prima arrow bling, Heidi Swap buzz words, Washi Tape, button, Carolee Creations mini alpha stickers.

Thanks so much for stopping by.



8 comments:

  1. A beautiful design and wonderful creative take on the colour inspiration.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, such a gorgeous and unique lay-out! I just love that heart in your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful Cathy, love your background and the photo is gorgeous too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh....aaaahhhh...in my book the winner is RIGHT HERE...this is just superb...that heart! Looks great & the stamping gives it a real 'edginess'....fabulous:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nydelig!
    Love the colors and the background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photo of you Cathy.....Beautiful work....love the pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page!
    You rocked the girly grunge look, loving your arty background too.

    ReplyDelete