Friday, June 17, 2016

The Scrapbook Store - Blue Fern Studios 'Tranquility'

Hi Everyone,

I have my 2nd layout of the month to share for The Scrapbook Store created with the beautiful Blue Fern Studios 'Tranquility' Collection.

Picture Perfect

I was attracted to the sweet poppies from the 'Serenity' pp and went straight for my scissors for a bit of fussy cutting to create elements to layer around my photo of Brittany.  I used the creamy centre of the pp to diecut the Spellbinders lacey frame to add to my layers.




To create my background I stencilled diagonally across the 'Peaceful' pp with Faber Castell Whipped Spackle using the Tim Holtz flourish stencil which is one of my all time favs!! then misted over the top with Lindys Starburst Bougainvillea Fuchsia mist.

For added depth and dimension, I flicked over with Lindys Rusty Lantern Lime, My Mojito Green and Antique Gold Kaisermist. then highlighted the masked flourishes with Berry Nice Prills.






I wanted a bit of greenery to add to my fussy cut flower, so I diecut the Native Flourish Kaisercraft Decorative Die several times from Kaisercraft Olive Textured Cardstock, then misted with the Lindys Rusty Lantern Lime and My Mohito Green and highlighted with touches of Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold to create a mottled effect.


I love Viva Inka Gold to alter metal charms and have used the copper on my butterfly, which I topped with a Petaloo Teastained Butterfly and a little heart charm.


TSS Products Used:
Other Product: Spellbinders Card Creator Die, Kaisercraft Be Yourself Word Pack Decorative Die, metal charms, lace

Thanks so much for stopping by :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! I hope your week has been great! This is so beautiful.. I love that stencil, the the touch of gold, and flowers, and as always your gorgeous girl in the photo.. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one is amazing! So feminine and pretty!

    ReplyDelete