Thursday, July 15, 2010

Exciting News!!

I received some exciting news late last month from Kate at Scrap the Girls.  She asked if I would like to be the featured scrapper for July... and of course I happily accepted.  I was very honoured and so excited as the DT team at Scrap the Girls are fabulous.

Here is my LO for this month, which was a sketch challenge.  I love this pic of me and Brittany taken a couple of years ago and it goes with one of my favourite colour combos ...  red, black and white.   Used some Bo Bunny pp's, Prima flowers & pearls, doilies, and a bit of stamping for some of my embellishments.


Stuck Sketches - July 1st

Finally got around to 1st Stuck Sketches challenge for the month.  Decided to get another LO of Luke as I have been focusing a bit on LO's of Brittany.  Teen boy and grunge always go well together and I do love grunge.  Used Crate pp for background stamped with Prima music stamp and inked around the edges.  The pp's are Bo Bunny which I distressed then I stamped some embellies with Kaiser and Marah Johnson stamps.  Finished with a bit of machine stitching.

Thanks for stopping by :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO!! Honestly, I think red and black always go well together :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. just perfect!! red, black and white always look so perfect together! love these layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cathy for the lovely comment on my blog! Love your scrapping style...hehe, that's why I became a follower, just didn't have the guts to comment ;)
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cathy - stopped by to wish you a speedy recovery - hope you are feeling better and back to scrapping... having withdrawals, its been 12 days without a post of your gorgeous LO's, hope the mojo din't get sick too... thinking of you.. Mel

    ReplyDelete