Saturday, December 14, 2013

Manor House Creations - Bold and Beautiful

Hi Cathy here, with a LO to share using the Believe paper range and Spring Collection from Manor House Creations.

I decided to go with a bold colour combo of red, black and green on this page.  I started by using the Believe - Make Believe pp as my background, which I altered by masking, stamping and adding some paint splats.  I am loving washi tape at the moment, and it always seems to find its way onto my LO's.  I just tore 2 different tapes to match my colour palette and overlapped them around the edges of the pp.
To frame my photo I layered some stamped book paper, diecuts, a tag and a fussy cut border strip from the Believe - Lace pp.  I also layered a smaller version on the top right, to which I added a fussy cut butterfly image from the Believe - Elements Cards pp.  To tie in with my colour scheme, I painted the leaves and edges of my butterfly with some Luminarte pigments and a little bit of Viva croco crackling
Follow Your Heart - DT closie 4
Follow Your Heart - DT closie 3
To finish off I clustered a few of the new Spring Collection flowers down the left hand side of my photo.  I altered the large black flower from the Layout Pack - Classy by pulling out the staments and replacing with a bling centre to make the flower pop. I find the Vinettes very versatile, as you can keep them whole or cut them up to make them go further.
Follow Your Heart - DT closie 2
Follow Your Heart - DT closie 1
MHC Product Used:  Believe Paper Collection - Make Believe, Lace, Elements Cards, Layout Pack- classy, Minuettes - red. denim brown, Mini Blush Roses - soft gold, Vinettes - black.
Other Product Used:  Kaisercraft Collectables and text stamp, book paper, Prima Mask and Say it in Crystals flourish, Stampendous frame stamp, Craft Queen washi tape and black and silver embellishments, Trinket Track bling centre, Cosmo Cricket word stickers, manila tag, Ladybird ceramic button, Luminarte pigment powders - kiwi and fern, Viva Inca Gold - lava red, Gesso, Tim Holtz distress ink - black soot.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. so very gorgeous Cathy...you definitely rock the Manor House products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out truly fabulous! The mix of colours is just perfect for that photo and I love, love, love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely bootiful Cathy, loving the design and the colors, super duper awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so beautiful, so elegant and love the colors.. gorgeousness in every corner on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the colours - that black just adds the perfect touch of drama. Love it!

    ReplyDelete