Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Once Upon a Sketch - Dec. Challenge

Hi Ladies,

Feeling extremely sad, as this will be my last DT creation for Once Upon a Sketch.  I would like to thank Nadia from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be part of such an amazing Design Team and being able to work alongside a truly inspiring group of gorgeous ladies. Congratulations to the new Design Team, I am sure you will all have a fantastic experience, as Nadia has transformed OUAS into I would have to say, one of the best challenge sites you could ever hope to be part of and I can't wait to see what will be an awe-inspiring collection of creations in the new year.  Good luck girls and have fun!!

The journalling theme for the last challenge of the year is:

 "My favorite month"
You are free to interpret our theme any way you like but please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes some journalling (hidden journalling is fine).


My favourite month of the year is December.  Even though it can be a crazy time in the lead up to Christmas.  I really enjoy, shopping for just the right gift for family and friends.  It makes me happy when I to see their excitement when they open their presents.  Planning a mouth-watering menu for Christmas lunch with my sisters, is worth all the time spent in the kitchen, if it means being able to gather all my family together to celebrate Christmas Day.  I love seeing how pretty the Christmas lights look at night, all soft and twinkling, and still feel like a little kid when they are are switched on at the beginning of December.  Quite of few of our neighbours in the surrounding streets have taken to stringing up lights too and it looks like a Christmas wonderland of an evening.  As the saying goes "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

Product Used: MME, Fancy Pants, Crate Paper, Simple Stories and Sassafrass Lass pp's, MME chipboard diecuts, Manor House Creation flowers- Ballerina, Concerto, Tea Roses - soft gold, Capri white and silver, MHC ornate frames - scallop, Existencil snowflake stencil, Cricut cut stencil, Universal fancy frame die, Cottage Cutz leaf flourish,Viva Inca Gold - silver, silver micro beads, crochet doily, stitched ribbon, Stampendous background stamp, Inkadinkado snowflake stamp, Time Holtz distress ink - tea dye, Dylusions mist - turquoise and white linen - silver Christmas pick, pearl branch.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. OMG !!!!! sensational and so much beauty in your BG work , I truly love your work Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so whimsical and so, so very pretty. Just gorgeous Cathy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will really miss your gorgeous lay-outs for Once Upon a Sketch. This one is so magical and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! What a wonderful layout to finish your time with OUAS!! I love the colors and layers and flowers.. and yes it is a wonderful time of the year.. just wish I didn't get so stressed at times thinking of all I have to get done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we can but live at least PARTIALLY up to the high high standards you DT have set...speaking for myself, of course! Delicious page, Kim....just ADORE that bottom cluster with the net flower & those pearls....sumptuous:):)
    Back from Orange...soooo looooooved it up there with the Orange Paperie girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful take on the sketch! Your background is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just absolutely beautiful! Love the textured background and blue with the sweet vintage image....perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous LO! Love it.

    ReplyDelete