Monday, December 16, 2013

Manor House Creations - Christmas OTP Project

Hi Ladies,
Christmas is almost upon us, and at this time of the year I like to create a few special OTP Christmas projects to decorate my home and give as gifts.   I am always on the lookout for OTP items to alter and recently I purchased this rustic metal heart hanging at a gift store.  Some gorgeous Manor House Creations flowers, a few diecuts, a little paper and a couple of charms were all it took to transform this sweet little ornament into beautiful Christmas decor piece.
MHC Christmas OTP - Peace Love & Joy
I love the mini glitter roses as they are perfect to add some sparkle to your Christmas creations.  To alter my heart I used the wire from the glitter mini roses to attach them by twining around the frame, then wrapped the left over metal stem around a paintbrush to curl.
MHC Christmas OTP closie 2
I decided to use the new large Poinsettias as my main flower embellishment, but I wanted a contrast to the white glitter mini roses, so I pulled out the yellow stamens and misted the flowers with scarlet glimmermist to add a bit more sparkle.  I then replaced the yellow stamens with some green ones to match in with my Christmas colours.
MHC Christmas OTP closie 1
I backed my heart with paper, embellished with some Kaisercraft collectables and a few charms with I altered with Viva Inca Gold paste and finished off with a bow.

MHC Product Used:  large poinsettia, glitter mini rosed - red

Other Product Used:  Metal heart hanging,  Kaisercraft Christmas Carol 6" paper pad, Kaisercraft St Nicholas collectables, stitched ribbon, button, snowflake and butterfly charms, Viva Inca Gold, Scarlet glimmermist, green stamens.


Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Really lovely - especially that butterfly...Inka Gold....wonderful stuff!!!! Love the sentiment in the centre, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project as always Cathy!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Cathy! me too - adore that opulent butterfly! Thought I'd pop in and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas! I have loved being on the OUAS team with you, all the very best for 2014! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything is amazing, love it.... Wishing you a happy new Year 2014 all the best cheers :)

    ReplyDelete