Thursday, March 16, 2017

Dusty Attic - Winter Wonderland DT Layout

Hi everyone, Today I am sharing a Winter layout, which is a first for me, as I have never had the opportunity to scrap Winter photos, being that I live in tropical Queensland, created with beautiful chipboard product from The Dusty Attic.

For more gorgeous inspiration from our talented Design Team, pop in to The Dusty Attic blog

Winter Wonderland
This photo of my son Luke was taken a couple of weeks ago at the Fox Village in Miyagi, Japan and was the inspiration for my Winter Wonderland layout... how gorgeous is the furry red fox in the background!!
To create my background, I started by adding some Tangareen Dream Colour Blast Paste to my craft mat.  I then mixed a bit of the Leather and a touch of the Snow White Colour Blast Paste  to create a coppery colour.  This was masked onto my background with the Crosshatch Stencil.  I also used a dot stencil with Snow White Colour Blast Paste for a bit more texture.

Next I flicked Lindy's Wake me up Before You Go Gold and Creme Brulee Cream mist over the masking, then randomly stamped with the Tom Holtz graduated dots stamp in Wheat Versamagic Chalk Ink.
The Small Wreath and Berries chipboard was altered by coating with gesso, then randomly dabbed with Dusty Attic Texture Paste.  Whilst the paste was still wet, I sprinkled with the newly released Sparkling Dust, for a lovely shimmer.  The berries were coated with the mixed Colour Blaste paste to make them pop.
I used the same technique from the wreath on the Snowflake and Mini Icicles chippies, but to give the snowflakes a bit more dimension, I lightly inked the edges in Night Sky Versamagic ink.  The flowers were swiped with Texture Paste and sprinkled with Sparkling Dust.
How cute are the Page Pebble chippies!! I inked the Brrr from the #5 Pack in Night Sky ink, then used a palette knife to carfully add Texture Paste around the edges and sprinkled with Sparkling Dust.

The Fern chippies were altered by coating with 2 tones of green ink.  The same technique again on the Winter Wonderland chipboard title, but I added Kaisercraft pearls to the centre of the snowflakes for a pop of colour.
Lastly, I covered my photo, then flicked Sapphire Glimmer Mist around the edges of my layers to add a bit more depth to my background.

Dusty Attic Product
Other Product
Prima, Blue Fern, Cosmo Cricket &  pp's
Little Birdie flowers
Petaloo Hydrangeas
Lindys Stamp Gang Mists - 
Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold, Creme Brulee Cream
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Sapphire
Prima gesso
EK Success snowflake border punch
Tim Holtz stamp
Tim Holtz glassine envelope
Heidi Swapp and Kaisercraft stickers
Kaisercraft Pearls
Versa Magic Chalk Ink - Night Sky, Tea Leaves, Wheat
Brilliance Pearlescent Ink - Thyme
recycled clothing tag

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.

Happy Crafting :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! This looks magnificent! I love the wintery feel with the photo and all the wintery embellishments! I love the icicles! And yes we don't usually have a cold cold winter here with snow and ice! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, how gorgeous is this! I just adore the colours and all the amazing little details that you've added.

    ReplyDelete