Friday, March 23, 2018

Dusty Attic March Mood Board Challenge - Remember Today

Hi everyone,  Today I am sharing my take on this month's Mood Board Challenge at Dusty Attic.  How gorgeous is the colour palette and shabby roses and peonies theme!!
"Remember Today"

The inspiration I took from this month's Mood Board was the colour palette, pretty blooms and lace doily.
 To create my background I stencilled with the Damask #2 stencil and Prima Modelling Paste.  I then stamped the floral pattern by applying Dusty in Colour sugar plum acrylic paint to the Stampers Anonymous vines and roses stamp, then spritzed with a touch of water to give a watercolour effect.  I also stamped with Kaisercraft script background, then finished off with the beautiful Dress My Craft White Sunshine sequins for a bit more texture, which I applied with Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish.



 I altered the Dusty Attic Vintage Frame #2, Lacey Trims and Foliage #1 chipboard pieces by coating first with gesso, then applying white liquid pearls, which creates a beautiful finish for those shabby chic/romantic layouts.
How sweet are the recent release Mini Captions!!  I altered my title with Dusty in Colour sugar plum acrylic paint and white liquid pearls.


Other Product Used:
Cocoa Vanilla pp 
Lemoncraft pp
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Prima Modelling Paste
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Vines and Roses stamp
Pearl embellishments
Lace flowers
Kaisercraft Script Background stamp
Distress Ink - hickory smoke

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Crafting
Cathy :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is sooo pretty, feminine layouts are sooo you!! Love this...

    ReplyDelete