Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Scrapbook Store - Lemoncraft Christmas Greeting Collection

Hi Everyone,

Today I have my second layout created for The Scrapbook Store using the beautiful new Lemoncraft Christmas Greetings Collection.


December 25th
 This beautiful collection has a lovely vintage feel to it in traditional Christmas colours, which I love as my children are young adults now, so for me, it's a bit of a challenge to use some of the cuter Christmas paper ranges.

To tie in with the vintage feel of this Collection I decided to grunge it up a little by tearing and layering my papers, then using the Prima gold crackle medium and random misting.


I have added a trailing flower cluster in Christmas colours, then highlighted the red flowers with solar gold Pearlex Powdered Pigment mixed with a little water and applied with a small brush to tie in with my gold crackle background and the sparkle elements.
 My Kaisercraft wooden flourish was altered by first applying a coat of Faber-Castell gesso, then embossing with the Lindy's Weeping Willow embossing powder, giving it several coats by reheating each time to apply the embossing powder.  I reheated one last time, then whilst hot randomly applied some of the Prima microbeads.  Once cooled, I painted little touches of the solar gold Pearlex pigment. to add some highlights.  The Merry Christmas title was painted with gesso, then coated with Prima gold crackle medium.


Product List
Petaloo – Grape Leaf Vines
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes – Dec 25th, Merry Christmas
Other:  glitter berries, flowers, lace flowers

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

7 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous. Nothing like a bit of ripping for grunge! And that crackle effect is really neat. Your kids sure have growed up! Seems to happen overnight..... scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly wonderful! Your design looks so beautiful and I also love the glitter accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page.. love the ripped papers! and the glittery bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,
    Oh wow - your page is beautiful - I love the crackle, and the peeking of flowers and different papers - did I say wow??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page and wonderful background work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there are so many pretty and eyecatching details on this lay-out. It turned out just amazing!

    ReplyDelete