Monday, May 30, 2011

Catching Up

Have been absent for the past week and have a few challenges to share which I managed to create at the Wicked Princess Retreat on the weekend.  Had an amazing time and met so many wonderful ladies.  Krissy did the most awesome job organising her 1st retreat.. everything was just perfect and she's just the most beautiful person.. such a sweetie.  Was so happy to finally meet Karen Grose who is on the Bird Is The Word DT with me, what a gorgeous girl!! Has some fabulous conversations and she & Tam had me in stitches over the weekend.  Some of the other girls I also had the pleasure to meet in person and see their gorgeous creations up close were Lauren Bell who is on the KIU CT with me, Anne Patterson who's work I admire on Scrapmatts, Lisa K, and Barb Turner.    I don't think there was much sleep had by all and I am so dreading seeing what some of the pics taken of me will look like.  My mojo wasn't really flowing, so I didn't create as many LO's as I would have liked and there were so many lovely ladies to chat with, that I kept getting distracted.  Can't wait to attend Krissy's next retreat.. should be a pro the 2nd time around.

Stuck Sketches 15 May


This was one of the LO's I created at the retreat for Stuck Sketches.  Decided to go for a bit of grunge on this one.  Used some very old FP pp for the background which I masked with a Prima mask and some Tim Holtz ink then overlayed with some sapphire glimmermist.  Distressed, inked and punched the side strips using 7 Gypsies, WRMK & Scrap Within Reach pp's.  Added a few rubons and some hessian bits and also some Tim Holz tape which I purchased from Krissy on the weekend which I absolutely adore.






Show Us Your Stuff - May Sketch

Another LO created on the weekend for SUYS.  Found this very old pic of Brittany which I just adore and used some gorgeous Girls Paperie pp's and a felt frame to accent the photo.  Created the little banner from the paper using a circle punch, twine and buttons.  Just LOVE these new Prima tulle flowers, and had to add one on my LO as it was just the perfect finishing touch.  The adorable felt heart I purchased from Tracy at My2Angels they come in a pack of 4, she also has the felt frames in black.




Don't Forget - You Still Have Time

 Don't forget, you still have time to submit your entries for:

Kraft It Up -  No Pattern Paper & Kraft Cardstock

Beyond The Door - Room Inspiration + extra criteria

Challenge Heaven - Plenty of challenges to get the creative juices flowing

There are some fabulous prizes up for grabs.  Pop on over and check out the challenges.

Sneaky Peeks

A couple sneaks for upcoming challenges




Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love :))))

18 comments:

  1. Cathy...you lost your mojo?????
    you are kidding right? LOL
    These layouts are stunning!!!......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy that just sounds like an awesome weekend and lucky you meeting so many fab ladies.
    I just love your Stuck LO. It is such a fab background and love the papers.
    Great work on both and looking forward to see what else you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful work, Cathy!! I love the colors for the first LO and the banner for the second LO is just too cute!! Hope you have a wonderful new week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work as always Cathy!! I love the grunginess of the first one and that beautiful floral banner on the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layouys especially the pink one its my favourite colour. I have a weekend retreat on the long weekend 3 nights. I know what you mean the last weekend I did I think I managed to do 2 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just amazing as usual Cathy, i just love your work so much details all of the time, it must take you ages to do a page??!!!!
    You are such a tease with those sneak peaks!!!
    Have a great week
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Cathy! I love both these layouts. The first one has such a gorgeous grungy feel and the second one is so beautiful and girly. Oh, and the banner looks fab! Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning LO's Cathy. LOVE the banner in your SUYS LO so cute. Your weekend sounds like lots of fun! Cheers. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you had An Awesome weekend!!NOW! on to your FANTASTIC Layouts.....
    I really L.O.V.E both Layouts!!!! The grungyness is Totally rocking... In your First LO.. Ohhhh Yeah!!
    & Your 2nd LO is Soooo totally the opposite.....
    Super C.U.T.E!! I love how you can do that!!!
    Enjoy your Week!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cathy, I am so glad you had such an amazing time, wow, love both the layouts, you lucky thing meeting Karen Grose and Lauren Hall, 2 of my faves. I am looking forward to the show this weekend, and wow both of these layouts are super stunning my girl. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Cathy! Your work is amazing!!!! That first layout is gorgeous! Love the textures you've created! And that second layout is just stunning! Love your attention to detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cathy, it was such a great weekend !! I still laugh when I think of some of our conversations :) It was so great to meet you, and see your work IRL. These LOs are gorgeous as always. Looking forward to the next retreat already so we can catch up again :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely love the grungyness and bold colours in this layout

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so awesome, Cathy!!! Love them both! Your layouts always have such and excellence of execution to them iykwim? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been such a long time since my last retreat...just a tad jealous...lol. Glad to hear you had a lovely time.
    Your pages are gorgeous...as always :)...love the last one with the sweet banner!!
    Hope you are well....hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cathy! So glad you had a fun weekend & met all those well-known ladies! What fun!! Scrappy heaven!!! I have had a time of it with commenting lately but seem to have overcome it today thank GOODNESS because I was starting to tear my hair out! Just loving both of these layouts but in particular the second one to me is just fantastic - I guess I am just a sucker for pretty stash & this is altogether too divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cathy just LOVE the grungyness of the first layout and how you can totally go back to the soft sweet girly layouts of the next one. Gorgeous work as always. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your take on the stuck sketch. Can't wait to see those reveals. It was great to meet you as well at WP.

    ReplyDelete