Monday, May 2, 2011

KIU May Challenge

Wave Chasers


The challenge for KIU this month is to create a LO without using pattern papers and of course to use Kraft cardstock.  Pop on over and check out HERE to see all the stunning CT creations.  This challenge was so out of my comfort zone as I love my pp's, but I just loved creating this LO.

I distressed the edges of the Kraft cs and added a black border.  I then used aqua paint and a KI memories lace cardstock to mask the background and black paint for the splatters.  To create a bit of texture I misted some muslin and scrunched and distressed it and painted some corrugated card with white and tore the edges.  Pulled out my BG fibres and twisted a few together and finished off with a few CI stickers and a gorgeous pendant which I purchased in a bead shop.  Not a pp in site and very happy with the finished LO.

Sneaky Peak

Here is a sneak for an upcoming CT LO.


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love :)

14 comments:

  1. Stunning stunning stunning!!!!!!!!!!!
    that's all i am going to say LOl LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the effect of the misting and the colours work perfectly with your photo. The scrunched muslin and fibres look amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout Cathy! Love the colours and the masking looks fantastic!! The pendant and fibres just rounds it off perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this Cathy. The colors are awesome and the title is great and I love the muslin and the paint and all of it. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! I LOVE your masked background and the misted muslin is SOOOO good. Absolutely love this Cathy. (working on mine right now...having fun with tissue paper, gesso, mist!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Cathy, I totally love this, the muslin is so gorgeous and wow no patterned paper, looks gorgeous. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it too!!! gorgeous masking.. your backgrounds always rok. stunning use of colour (again) too.. :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME layout! Nice colours! LOve your new blog design! Sorry i havent been around and commented!

    Tori :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous ! I LOVE this...that background is something!! So creative...lovely work. Tace care, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colours...you are so very talented

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE this so much Cathy!! You certainly rocked this challenge...just love the masking and those colours together! Just awesome!! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!!! Who needs pp when this can be produced!?!? Well you certainly don't, Cathy! You have blitzed this into the Solar System! LOVE this heaps!!! The colours rock too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning layout Cathy - a real work of art! Love all the painterly effects you have going on - looks fab!! Just delicious & that pendant/bottle top thingie is too beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathy, I love love your background!! Awesome!!! And loving the colors and your distressing!! Everything looks perfect!! Like button for this!! :)

    ReplyDelete