Monday, May 9, 2011

New Bird Is The Word Challenge

Sun/Sunshine

Hope all you ladies had a wonderful relaxing Mother's Day.  My hubby is away for 3 weeks at the moment, so I wasn't sure what the children had in store!!  But I received a lovely surprise with breakfast in bed from Luke which was delicious and Brittany decided to use her cooking skills and prepared the most yummy potato and leek soup with some crusty bread for dinner.. no cooking for me... YAY!!!  Was really nice to veg out and relax for the day as I'm still feeling a bit blah at the moment.


First of all I wanted to thank all you lovely ladies who entered in our "Forever" challenge word.  We had 45 entries which is absolutely amazing, the only negative is now we have to vote and it's going to be very difficult to choose out of so many amazing entries.

The new challenge word for this fortnight at Bird Is The Word is Sun/Sunshine this can be in your title or your journaling.  You can create a LO, card or OTP and there is also another fantastic sketch from Nadia to inspire you if you choose to use it.  Pop in and check out HERE to see all the gorgeous DT entries for added inspiration.

 

I chose a quote which I love and have used before, but I had to use it as it was perfect for this challenge... "Turn your face towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall away".  I decided to use a gorgeous pp from Glitz Design which is a glorious grungy yellow and using Nadia's sketch as inspiration added a lace doily and a Hambly transparency for the circular elements and couldn't resist one of my most fav ranges from Websters "Wonderfall" which has these beautiful sunny daisies which I hand cut. Finished off with a touch of ribbon and lace.

A Little Toot
I was very excited to notice last week that Sofie over at Scrapmatts had featured my LO.  This is the 3rd feature I have had here at Scrapmatts and I am always amazed that one of my LO's was chosen as the gallery has so many amazing creations to choose from.  Thanks so very much Sofie.. really made my day.  Pop on over and check out their site.. they have the most gorgeous chippies to choose from and the gallery if full of the most inspirational creations.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love.. every one of your gorgeous comments really makes my day a little bit brighter :))))

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is sooo sunny and GORGEOUS...Gosh just love yellow : ) That quote is awesome...love those flowers cut from the websters pp!!! Lubbly Jubbly work Miss C...Love and Peace xox Hope your Mothers day was filled with love and Joy...and maybe a sleep in and some chocolate ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cathy, this looks stunning. You have used Nadia's sketch beautifully and I love the quote/title. Hope you had a fab Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright, happy and beautiful page Cathy!! LOVE the yellow. Can't wait to clear my desk so I can play too. Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your mothers day, hope you are feeling on top of the world in no time :)
    Absolutely love your layout, the colour is perfect & I adore that quote...such a happy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your girly prettiness - this page is really stunning with the black added as well. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love the doilie, transparency, ribbon across the bottom of the photo and the hand cut flowers...really fab.
    Thanks so much for popping by my blog, and for your incredibly sweet comment on my "Forever" lO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ozzzzing with Gorgeousness here Cathy!! your LO's are always Beautiful..... Hope you feel better REAl soon!!! *hugs*
    & a YAY on your Feature with Scrapmatts!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh JOY!!! So gorgeous, Cathy!!! And where did you get those daisies??? I LOVE them!!! There simply aren't enough daisies in scrapbooking - they are my fave - I mean I'm not a huge flower fan but I love those!!! :D Oh and guess what?!!?!?!?!? I have almost finished my layout for Bird is the Word!!! I've entered it because of you! Well I've heard of it through you! And I've checked it out and I did the "Begin" one! I hope it hasn't finished... I think there is a few more days... I'll get it on my blog tomorrow - I am really liking my layout! :D

    Thanks for being such an inspiration to me! :D
    xo

    P.S. I had the best ever Mother's day - vegged out TO THE MAX!!! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy WOW WOW.....I love the daisies on the layout!....the colours are gorgeous another beautiful layout.......
    I agree with Chantal....love love love those daisies!! will have to use them myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you deserve all the praise for your gorgeous layouts and they should be showcased xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Cathy! Love your work and your "Sunshine" layout is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is just ooooooozing with sunshine, happiness and art..... love it .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the feature! Lovely layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the feature. Scrapmatts is our Get Picky sponsor this month and they are just sooo generous! I love love love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a beautiful layout Cathy! That quote is perfect for you photo! Love the doilies too. Congrats on the feature at Scrapmatts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi again, Cathy! I've just put up my BITW layout as promised!!! :D

    Hope you are well!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL layout Cathy! So glad you had a good day - 3 weeks is a long-haul & no wonder you're exhausted with hubby away - try to take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Breathtakingly beautiful, Cathy!! So stunning!! Wow, you are a lucky mother. Hope it's not too late for me to wish you Happy Mother's Day!! You sure are a happy mother =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This LO is amazing. Love the daisies and the beautiful quote. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so pretty Cathy. loving the yellow on this one. Congrats on your layout feature at Scrapmatts, their chipboard is gorgeous hey? x

    ReplyDelete