Monday, May 16, 2011

Stuck Sketches - May 1st

I'm Back!!

With blogger having troubles and me still not feeling the best I haven't been around very much.  I have my DH away for another 2 weeks and the kids not feeling well.. it's all or nothing!!! Have been plagued with terrible sinus and just haven't been able to concentrate on scrapping, so have only managed a few DT LO's and this LO for Stuck Sketches which I managed to finish today.  I am hoping to get around and check out some of my fav blogs and leaving a bit of love tonight if all goes well.

The Magic of Christmas






I have quite a few Christmas snaps that I haven't gotten around to scrapping, so I thought I would use some of them for the Stuck Sketch challenge.. really loved this sketch! I just grabbed a few different trims and paper scraps for this one and used Echo Park For the Record as my background as it's a lovely shade of green and had to finish off with some black paint splats.

Craft Queen - Guest Spot


The lovely Nicole sent me some gorgeous ribbons and embellishments a little while ago to make up a few cards and LO's for a Guest DT spot.  This is one of the cards I came up with using Websters 6x6 papers and some of the ribbons & trims.  I pleated the spotty paper ribbon and gathered the green lace trim to make a layered flower.  I just love the metal butterfly charm!! If you're looking for some gorgeous ribbons, buttons and embellies pop on over to Craft Queen, you're sure to find lots of little pretties to add that special touch to your creations.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love.. really makes my day :)))

20 comments:

  1. Stunning yet again!!!!!!!!!!
    Your card is absolutely beautiful another something of yours I have to scraplift!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Cathy...that layout is amazing!!! So love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cathy your work always amazes me and you are such an inspiration. I love the Christmas LO with your gorgeous kids and the black, red and white trims. They look awesome with the green background. Beautiful card too. Love how you pleated the paper ribbon and kept it really soft. Hugs, hope you are feeling 100% better soon and your kids are all better too. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, sinus is already terrible. Sorry to hear that you are having terrible sinus, hope you get better SOON! But your page is just so stunning as usual. Love your card too!! Take care, yeah!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done with this sketch...the colours are brilliant! That card is gorgeous too. Hope you are feeling better soon, you've been sick too long :( healthy wishes to the kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Cathy!!!!! outstanding, absolutely outstanding ....... you just get better and better .... love the way you use colour ..... awesome stuff ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO stunning! I love those colours and the splatters are perfect yet again! GREAT WORK ...Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cathy!! Hope you get better real soon....
    Your Stuck LO is Totally Awesome, I must try & find time for the Both Stuck Sketches!!!
    Your Card is Stunning!! Always gorgeous work here....
    Enjoy the rest of your Week & hopefully!!
    Happy Scrappin!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO - love the boyish elements and the splattering in the BG - looks fabulous. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Cathy, both of these creations are just amazing, maybe you do your best when you have sinus? lol but I have been sick for the last 3 days and am so sick of being sick. Apparently it is going around and I am just so thankful Nate has not got it. Hanging low, hope to call you tomorrow, got an email about starting work in June and this is a little stressful when I feel like this, I got some medicine and will be fine for the weekend...............Love to you, ring you tomorrow. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous creation! Love it!! I have ALL my Christmas pics still to scrap! Sorry you are not 100% well - and when hubby is away that is all the worse - take care...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOPs forgot about that beautiful card too! It is really pretty - off to check that site now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your layout Cathy. The colours are such a beautiful combination and I love those black splashes across the background. Your card is exquisite too. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sinus is NOT fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning layout Cathy! The pics are gorgeous and the colours look awesome together! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome lo and beautiful card Cathy...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are feeling better.
    I just love your take on the sketch and the colors look awesome for a Chrissy theme.
    The strips of hessian just pop. Fab work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cathy, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well...I sdo hope you are feeling better.
    Your work is just stunning crabby sinuses or not lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you have done with the sketch.Really love the detail of ribbon etc behind the circle. What great photo's too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome layout! Great colours! Sorry i havent been around commenting lately!

    Tori xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know how you do it but you are just amazing at changing styles Cathy!!! Totally rocking Xmas layout and that card is so tops too, congrats on your guest spot for Craft Queen x

    ReplyDelete