Wednesday, May 30, 2012

OUAS - May Challenge

Hi Girls,

I'm back from my Scrap Retreat, but have been a little under the weather since I got home, must be the change in the weather.  I didn't get as much done at the Retreat as I would have hoped, but I did catch up on some DT and scrap commitments.  I think I needed a little break, and it was so lovely to just catch up with the girls, have a chat and a lot of laughs.  I love seeing all the girls' beautiful work IRL, picking up tips and learning new techniques.  Krissy held a mixed media class, which was fantastic.. now all I need is some time to have a play!!  I will show you a few LO's and my canvas soon.

This LO for the Once Upon a Sketch Challenge this month was one which I started at the Retreat and finished at home.  The theme for the challenge was: MUM and you also had to use the accompanying sketch and add some journaling.

Mother

I have had this old photo of me and my mother for a while, but it needed quite a bit on altering in photoshop to get it to look halfway decent, but I was determined as this photo is very precious to me.   I hardly have any of me as a young girl and being with my mother, makes it even more special.  The photo was taken as my mother and I were coming off the boat into Australia having traveled from France and I must be around 3 years old.



Layered some Prima stash and Kaisercraft pp's with some Scrapmatts chipboard, and pretty much kept to the sketch.




List of Materials:  Prima, Kaisercraft, Bo Bunn, TPC pp's, Prima flowers and butterfly, Scrapmatts clock, leaves, sprays and word chipboard, Martha Stewart border punch, Kaisercraft Pearls, metal clock charm, recycled metal flower, Bella brad, Prima rubons, shipping tag, lace, twine, Tim Holtz distress inks, Versamagic inks, clear embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love.

Cathy :))

23 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, this is stunning.. I love the precious photo, and when I think of it, I haven't got any photos of my mum and I when I was little.. a bit sad really, but being the youngest of 5 kids I guess in those days photos were a luxury..I really miss it now being a scrapper... I love the vintagy feel with the papers and the flowers are perfectly placed.. what a cherished layout this will be... always love what you create.. everything is placed on the layout with purpose and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous page, Cathy, love the flowers and colours, and that photo, wonderful, did you have lots of fun at the retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! MY! GOODNESS! ME... This is TRULY BEAUTIFUL!!!
    The Details here are DIVINE & the Colors are SENSATIONAL... Love this to bits!!!!
    Glad to hear to you had a Great time at the retreat!! I Soooooo need to go to 1!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful Cathy - what a great memory to record with that photo. Love the vintage touch to compliment your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Cathy this is fantastic! Love the mix and your take on the sketch. That pic is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautie!!! To look at your blog and your creations is a treat of my day!!! Your truly fan-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful page. I love the photo, I can understand why it's precious to you. Isn't it sad that back then so few photos were taken and now, we take mundane, trivial photos every 5 min. on our phone for no other reason really than just because we can.lol. I love your beautiful rich colours, such an elegant page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Cathy. This is just sensational. I love that photo. Your details and layers are beautiful. Gorgeous gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite! Totally gorgeous!! Do hope you feel 100% soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy what can I say, I am such a fan of your work and this page is just so special, I love all the layers and the colours and the layers on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy this is gorgeous!!! I love all the details!! just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! What a precious photo to have.........the paper colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous work Cathy..The dimension on this page is unreal. It reminds me of opening a pop-up book, you want to turn the next page to see what's next. You amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes yes yes ... this is so beautiful Cathy ... those colors are so rich and perfect .. love it so much .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Cathy! exquisite detail work, gorgeous colours and that photo is wonderful! Keep scrolling between the close-ups to really soak in all the gorgeous details and layers, this is a truly stunning page! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply gorgeous Cathy. I always marvel at all your detail, your placement is always spot on. I can see why that photo is one treasured item, what a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow,GORGEOUS, Cathy!! love everything! what a lovely memory the pic is adorable.
    the details are beautiful...Wonderful work dear!! Take care!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh Cathy - absolutely fabulous!! Love your take on the sketch challenge. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how this one turned out babe!
    That photo is beyond precious...what a wonderful memory to scrap.
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete