Sunday, March 23, 2014

CSI #114 - The Story

Really enjoyed creating a LO for Colour Stories Inspirations 113 challenge, and was drawn in by the colour palette for the CSI 114, so here I go again.

The Story




Loved the vibrant colour palette for CSI #114.  Went for a mixed media background using one of the new Tim Holtz stencils and texture paste, which I sprayed with Inchworm chalkboard mist.  I overlayed the masking with stamping, torn strips of washi tape and rubons, then layered a LYB transparency strip and various pp's under my photo.


For the Testimony I decided to journal a dialogue, which reads:
Me    "Come on Luke, please be nice, I need a couple of pics for my LO."
Luke  "Mum, is this really necessary.  I'm in the middle of something."
Me     "Yes, I'm desperate.  I promise I'll be quick and I'll love you forever."

"I'll love you forever is a phrase I use all the time to soften up the kids and hubby, when I want something done".  Sometimes I get lucky and it works!

Materials Used:  Kaisercraft, Basic Grey, Simple Stories pp's, Tim Holtz bubble stencil, Prima washi tape, MME, Bo Bunny and Kaisercraft stamps, Little Yellow Bicycle transparency strip, 7 Gypsies and Tim Holtz rubons, Simple stories, diecut stickers, Lindy's Stamp Gang mist-midnight rendevouz, Tattered Angels Chalkboard mist-inchworm, Tattered Angels Glimmermist-scarlet, Craft Queen washi tapes, Texture Paste, Ranger Archival ink-black

Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. LOL... Glad it worked. Otherwise I wouldn't eve looking at another amazing, vibrant fun, gob smacking page!!!!! :):):)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout! I really mean that, there is a lot going on , but still you keep it kind a fresh. You should have my boys here, they LOVE the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing masculine lay-out! I love the colours and your mixed media work a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the conversation you had going on there, I get that too from my daughters!, love how you have turned the sketch like that and your background is amazing! Another fabulous layout!,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is awesome, love the layers and the colours. So glad you got some photos to use on this page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love very much the background and the georgeous layout the photo is so nice !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is brilliant! Love the splashes of color with the design! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete