Thursday, March 6, 2014

Manor House Creations - Colourwash Flowers

Hi Ladies,

Sharing a LO created using the very versatile Believe paper range from Manor House Creations teamed with some of the gorgeous flowers from the Spring 2013 Collection.

Cousins

I decided to alter the "Us Together" pp from the Believe Collection with a mixed media background.   I started by coating my pp with texture paste and while still wet I pressed in a piece of muslin, then dried the area off.
Next I misted the background with some water and splattered a few different colours of mist.  The water allows the mist to blend, giving a watercolour effect.

Once dried I masked a stencil with more texture paste, then dried off.  Finally I stamped over the area with a background stamp.

The edges were punched and layered with the black side of the Butterflies pp placed underneath to make them pop.
The Colourwash flowers are perfect for pulling apart.  To frame my photo I pulled apart a pink colourwash flower into 2 pieces.  The top part was used as a smaller flower and the bottom was folded over in half and tucked under the photo to make the flower look full and fluffy.  I then softened the flowers with a bit of texture paste applied lighted to the edge of the petals.

The white flowers from the Letters from Paris pack where lightly edged with a little Viva inka gold in rose pink.  I pulled off the pearl centres and replaced them with a bling heart from The Trinket Track, which I altered with Inka Gold in rose pink.

MHC Product Used:  Believe papers - Butterflies, Us Together, Colourwash doubleups - soft pinks, Letters From Paris, Floral Mix - Arielle, Minuettes -pink mix, Rose Leaves- medium,  Ornate Frames - flourish white.
Other Product Used:  border punch, Prima stencil and stamp, texture paste, muslin, Trinket Track resin flowers and bling heart, Scrapmatts chipboard frame, Viva Inka Gold - rose, Lindy's Stamp Gang mists, black orchid, Saltwater Taffy, Cotton Candy Pink, Creme Brulee Cream, Bougainvillea Fuchsia, Craft Queen washi tape

Thanks so much for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Such a stunning page, Cathy!! Love the textures and colors! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks gorgeous! I just love the combination nof white, grey and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made those flower SHINE big time here....they are just beautiful!!! Lovely, lovely page:):)

    ReplyDelete