Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feb Guest DT - The Scrapbook Store

Hi Ladies,
I have more creations to share using the Authentique Lovely range of papers for my February Guest DT spot at The Scrapbook Store.

I came across a family photo taken a few years back and decided to use this as inspiration for my LO.  We have so few family pics as I am always behind the camera.  I have been trying to persuade hubby to have some family portraits done.. a girl can always hope!!
I Love You More


I used the Authentique Lovely - Heart pp as my background and softened the paper with some gesso, then splattered some oriental poppy glimmer mist over the gesso.  I also added some dabs of pink poodle glimmer mist... just use the tip of the sprayer to put some mist on your fingertip and dab randomly for a softer look.  Some torn washi tape adhered to the edges of your paper giveS a lovely distressed feel.
As soon as I saw the gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboard heart flourish I had to have it and what a bonus, it goes perfectly with this range of papers.  To alter the chipboard I coated it with some dusty pink Dusty Attic paint first, then while the paint was still wet I sprinkled with Zing pink glitter embossing powder and heat set the glitter.  I repeated this technique on the TSS chipboard flourish and the Prima resin heart.  The chipboard heart was embellished with some TSS roses and semi open rosebuds, a Manor House Creation blossom, some flowers fussy cut from the Authentique Lovely - Fancy pp, rose petal satin seam binding tied in a bow,  a vintage bird charm and Authentique Lovely stickers.
Other TSS materials used:  Authentique Lovely Element stickers, Kaisercraft quote rubons - in love,
Kaisercraft washi tape, Prima chalk inks - ladybud and old rose, Prima Distressing Tool
Materials from my stash:  paper doilies, Spellbinder frame die, Kaisercraft rubons, Viva Inka Gold - silver.

This range is perfect for creating a Valentine's Day card.  I have 2 cards to share which were made with the Authentique Lovely - Dearest and Greetings pp's, 12x12 diecut sticker sheet and element sticker sheet.
Be Mine

Be My Valentine
Other TSS materials used:  Kaisercraft These Days stamp set,  Prima fluid chalk ink, lace
Materials from my stash:  crochet doily,  Craft Queen ribbons and washi tape

Thanks so much for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. Cathy your projects are simply beautiful and I love the sentiments you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous, I especially love your layout Cathy, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous work again cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo important to have family photos...hope your DH sees 'the light'!!!! This is a lovely photo...I really like the colours against the black words/sentiments...they really stand out. Washi tape...YUM!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these papers.. they always look good.. and yes I agree with you about the family photos.. I try and get a photo each time my kids are together now.. (they are getting used to it..) as the 2 older ones have moved out.. can never have too many photos together..I really love the heart flourish chipboard.. and the cards so sooo romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That heart florish looks fantastic. The photo looks lovely in black and white and really pops from the rest of the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, loving your work with this collection - love how you've given the page so much depth - and your chipboard flourish is so effective with the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing Cathy! You've done a fabulous job with this collection! Beautiful family photo and lovely the colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Cathy these are gorgeous creations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. These projects seriously have my jaw dropping...so elegant and beautiful, I am in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning LO and card!! Wow love it for Valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous, Cathy!! I love the rich colour! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Cathy! Love how you've muted down with gesso the background paper which is beautiful, but would have been maybe a tad too much as is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Cathy! Love how you've muted down with gesso the background paper which is beautiful, but would have been maybe a tad too much as is.

    ReplyDelete