Thursday, February 7, 2013

GDT The Scrapbook Store - Authentique Lovely

Hi Ladies,
I was so excited to be invited by the lovely Suzanne from The Scrapbook Store to be a Guest Designer for the month of February.  This month I get to play with the new Authentique "Lovely" range and some yummy embellishments, so keep an eye out as I will be creating several LO's and cards with these gorgeous papers.  Click on the link above to check out all the new CHA goodies which are in stock.

For my 1st LO I have used this month's Challenge sketch created by the super talented Nadia Cannizzo to inspire me.  It is definitely worth entering as the Challenge prize is a $40 voucher with free postage... how fab is that!!
Love Looks Not With the Eyes But With the Mind
The Scrapbook Store Feb. Sketch Challenge designed by Nadia Cannizzo
All materials are linked and available from The Scrapbook Store.

For the background on my LO I trimmed down the Authentique Lovely - Greetings pp pink side facing up.   I often use my chipboard as a mask so that I get double the value for my money.  Here I used the new Dusty Attic Marrakesh Trellis small chipboard with some opaque white Studio Calico mist, then sprinkled with Mel's Dinner Glimmer Mist.  I randomly punched the edges of the paper with the Martha Stewart Around the Page Swirling Lace punch and used some olive and pink floral washi tape in between the punched edges.  I layered my background on top of the Authentique Lovely - Dainty pp cream side facing up.

From the Authentique Lovely - Fancy pp I cut a circle and used the corner punch from the Martha Stewart  Swirling Lace around the page set to create a doily effect.  The pretty TSS mulberry soft pink paper roses were altered with some WOW extra fine gold glitter.  I also used the glitter on TSS chipboard butterfly.

I layered a large paper doily with my punched circle, punched a strip with the Martha Stewart deep edge embroidery punch from the cream paper to tuck under the photo, then arranged the flowers, stamped flowers from Kaisercraft Charlotte's Dream stamp set, TSS chipboard heart sprays and Authentique Lovely diecut sticker on the right hand side of the photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


7 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful Cathy.. so soft, pink and feminine!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the photo and your lay-out are absolutely gorgeous. I so love your use of colours and the wonderful feminine touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally LOVELY...& the pearl on the butterfly? Inspired touch...loving the doilies, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so beautiful and feminine Cathy! Love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you at The Scrapbook Store Cathy, and I am absolutely loving what you have done with the Authentique range too! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work, love your take on the sketch at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete