Saturday, May 3, 2014

1st Design Team Reveal at Colour Stories Inspiration

Hi Everyone,

So excited to share my 1st reveal here at Colour Stories Inspiration with case file #121. To see all the gorgeous creations from the DT, Special Agent, Investigators and Detectives click on the link above and prepare to be totally inspired.

CSI #121 - Love Documented
When I read the criteria for the Testimony on this week's case file I spied the word home.  I immediately thought of an old photo of my children taken on the front veranda of our home.

I think they were about 11 and 9 years old here.  We had just returned from a trip to the Philippines and this was the 1st time we had ever been away from them.  I didn't realise how much I would miss them until I was away from them, and I was so happy to be home. Upon entering our driveway this is what greeted us.  Luke and Brittany were so excited that we were coming home that they made a welcome home sign for us.  It had me all teary thinking they must have missed us as much as we missed them.  This is one of those memories that melts my heart every time I think about it.



=
Evidence:
something transparent - vellum floral border
flowers -
window accents - resin window frame
metal - charms and button
twine - double bow added to my hidden journaling tag
Testimony:
Inspiration word - home

Product Used:  Fabscraps and Prima pp's, Memory box stencil, modelling paste, Lindy's Stamp Gang mists, Kaisercraft stamp, Silhouette Cameo diecut, Martha Stewart border punch, Prima resin frame, Petaloo velvel flowers, metal charms, washi tape, K and Co border vellum border, Heidi Swapp arrows, shipping tag, MME word stickers, Anita's butterfly stickers, recycled buttons, twine

The deadline for completing Case File No. 121 is Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to include the number 121 in the title when you add your layout to the gallery, and tag your layout 121 (no # symbol).

Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Love your layout! A lot going on, color , not to much flowers , SUPER! And that picture is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove all your bg work...the colours are fabulous & really show off the photo..those little touches like the twine bow...simply perfect....what a great start for your CSI journey:):)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the story behind the photo, how special. Love the details on your background, great stencilling! Beautiful created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the way you have solved this case Cathy .... such a heavenly BG .... love your work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you did with this case. It's such an amazing lay-out with beautiful background work and really nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfectly designed page with yummy textures and superb placement of all the elements. Love the touches of black around the edge of the page. The heartwarming journalling reveals the beautiful story behind the photo. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete