Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Manor House Creations - Beautiful You Collection & Cardabilities #99

Hi Everyone,

Cathy here, with a LO to share using the gorgeous new Beautiful You Collection from Manor House Creations.   I'm in love with this collection as it's so soft and feminine and a perfect range if you are into fussy cutting some of your elements.

All Natural Beauty
To create this LO I started with the reverse side of the Beautiful You-Fresh and New pp as my background which I altered with various mixed media techniques and washi tape accents.
Manor House Creations
Beautiful You Collection - Winter 2014
 I love to fussy cut my pp’s to create elements.  I have to admit, sometimes it's difficult to cut into those gorgeous papers, but it's so worthwhile in the end as fussy cut elememts and a little foam tape are a wonderful way to add dimension to your LO's.  Here I used the Beautiful You-So You paper, cutting out some of the beautiful rose accents and attaching them with foam dots. I layered them under the new wooden garden gate embellishment. I cut the gate into 2 parts to frame my photo and altered the pieces by coating with gesso, then randomly applying aged embossing enamel and a few splashes of glimmer mist. Once dry I lightly stamped over the gates with a script stamp.
The country roses fit in perfectly with this range of pp’s. To make them go further, I love to pull them apart into 2 sections which makes a lovely blossom and a sweet rose bud.

There is a title word on the Beautiful You-So You pp which I cut out and trimmed down from the word Beautiful to Beauty, to become part of my “All Natural Beauty” title. I layered this with one of the new ornate frames – elegance white, which I cut in half lengthways. 
The Beautiful You-Journal Sheet is so versatile. The journal labels are a great to add journalling to
your LO’s as well as being the perfect size for cardmaking. I have used the pretty little
butterfly label to frame my title words. 

MHC Paper Collection:  Beautiful You – Fresh and New, Beautiful You – So You, Beautiful You – Journal Sheet
MHC Flowers:  Country roses – ivory, Idyllic – white
MHC Frames:  Ornate Frames – elegance white
MHC Wood Elements:   garden gate

Other Product Used:  modelling paste, Crafters Workshop stencil, Lindy's Stamp Gang mist, Luminarte pigment powder, Stanpendous aged embossing enamel, Kaisercraft bling, washi tape, Pink Paislee script stamp, archival ink, berry sprays, Silhouette Cameo diecut, Adornit tiny alpha stickers.

Cardabilities Sketch #99
I came across the very inspiring Cardabilities sketch site a while ago and have finally gotten around to entering a card creation in one of their challenges.

Following the sketch I created my card using the yummy Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope paper pad and collectables, with one of the gorgeous new Beautiful You Ballerina flowers in pink and one of my favourites the sweet Minuettes flowers in white from Manor House Creations.

Following the sketch I created my card using the yummy Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope paper pad and collectables, with one of the gorgeous new Beautiful You Ballerina flowers in pink and one of my favourites the sweet Minuettes flowers in white from Manor House Creations.

The background was misted and masked, then lightly smudged with gesso to soften the overall effect.  Using the leftover mist on my craft sheet I dragged the edges of my banner and then used a brush to paint the centre of the teeny weeny rose.

MHC Product:  Beautiful You - Ballerina pack, Minuettes , teeny weenies
Other Product:  Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope - paper pad and collectables, Spellbinders doily die, Martha Stewart punch, Memory Box stencil, gesso, Lindy's Stamp Gang mist, MSE stamp, white cs, archival black ink


Thanks so much for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Ah I love both the layout and the card. These papers are just gorgeous Cathy. I hardly ever make cards and I love this site... have marked it so I get some inspiration. Love your blog. Can't believe I have not been here before :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your lay-out and the card look very feminine and elegant. I just love them! I always love the way you alter your backgrounds with mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so pretty Cathy, you are so good at using feminine elements, and I do love fussy cutting too! Really lovely card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving this Cathy so pretty and soft. you have eevrything perectly blending together in harmony . and loving your header ... stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Dear Cathy, it's amazing card! And I also love your beautiful LO! Your sweet creations amazed me so much and I became your follower :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities! :)
    ~Olga Kovalchuk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woozer, love the layout and your card is equally as fabulous...just love all the details...thanks for sharing with us on Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful projects, loving these papers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card!
    Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous...thanks for sharing with us on Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! The layers and the background is beautiful! Thank you for playing along over at Cardabilities and sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete