Friday, May 9, 2014

Manor House Creations - Country Estate Collection

Hi Everyone,

Manor House Creations has just released 3 gorgeous new collections of papers and embellishments.  They are all beautiful, but I have to say I was quite taken with the Country Estate range, which was designed around family, home and garden using bright and bold primary colours.

It's a Beautiful Wonderful Day

Red is one of my favourite colours, so when I caught sight of the reverse side of the "Cabbage Moths" pp I knew it would be the background for my LO.  Couldn't resist adding a mixed media background, which I left predominantly white to created a striking contrast with the red, then added a few green highlights to blend in with my flower clusters.  

I also used the reverse side of the "New Day" pp which has a lovely book print pattern and made a great frame for my red and white background.  To make the paper go further, I always cut out the inner square of the pp if I am using it to frame my background.  I used part of the inner square to stamp and cut some circle elements to add to my layered background.
 One of the new release items are some fabulous wooden embellishments and wooden frames which are very popular right now.  Here I have used one of the frames and kept the natural wood colour, as it went beautifully with my colour scheme.  I just highlighted the word with green glimmer mist using a fine paintbrush, then backed the little hearts with red pp to make them pop.
My flower clusters were made with the new blossoms which colour coordinate with the new range of papers... these are great filler flowers.  I used them to create my own flower by layering 2 of them together  and adding some green stamens to their centres.  These were mixed in some ivory country roses, Mayglo flowers and green leaves which I layered amongst the floral diecut.

MHC Product Used:  
Country Estate papers – New Day (reverse side book print), Cabbage Moths (reverse side), Country Estate diecuts
Flowers – Country Estate blossoms, Country Roses– ivory, Mayglo-green, rose leaves medium,
Wooden frame – love

Other Product Used:  Crafter's Workshop stencil, EK Success border punch, modelling paste, gesso, glimmer mist-blarney, Teresa Collins, Prima and Kaisercraft stamps, Heidi Swapp resist tag, Craft Queen chevron ribbon, Tim Holtz distress ink-shabby shutters, Ranger Archival black and red ink, wooden button

Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a beautiful summery lay-out! I really love your use of colours and the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is delightful Cathy! Love the framed photo on the tag, that's a lovely touch, the little buttoned butterfly is gorgeous too and the stamped circles are very effective on your background. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete