Friday, May 16, 2014

Manor House Creations - NEW 2014 Collection - Wandering Thoughts

Hi Everyone,

Manor House Creations have released 3 new gorgeous paper ranges as part of their Winter 2014 Collection and today I am sharing a LO created with the Wandering Thoughts collection, teamed with some of the delicious new flowers and frames.

The Most Beautiful View

This collections is all about travels, holidays and dreams and is both masculine and feminine with touches of greys, brown, denim blue through to a purple/pink colour.   This range also comes with a coordinating journal elements paper and a diecuts sheet.
To create this LO I decided to alter the reverse side of the Wandering Thoughts-journal pp with a coat of watered down gesso to soften the pinky/purple colour into a mauve.  I then added some gesso with a sponge diagonally across the paper as a base for my background.  Once dry, I used texture paste to mask over the gesso with a Tim Holtz floral doily stencil, then misted and inked over the masking to define the doily pattern.
I totally adore the MHC ornate frames, and was very excited to find a bunch of new frames to play with in my parcel of goodies.  I have used the Ornate Frames elegance white, which I cut into 2 sections.  I misted the floral section and added some pearls, to become part of my main flower cluster... how gorgeous are the new white lace and country blues denim flowers!!!  I then used the other frame section for my title.  I randomly stamped the frame with turquoise ink and a lace stamp, then backed the frame with Wandering Thoughts-beautiful pp and added the rubon title.  To tie in with my main flower cluster, I added one of the new turquoise country roses and a Wandering Thoughts blossom in the demin colour, which I softened with a little gesso.


Manor House Creations Product:
Papers: Wandering Thoughts- Journal and Beautiful
Flowers:  White Lace, Country Blues-denim, Country Roses-turquoise, Wandering Thoughts-blossoms. Rose Leaves-lge.
Embellishments:  Ornate Frames-elegance white

Other Product Used: Memory Box floral die, Prima bling flourish, washi tape, Kaisercraft rubons, pearls and lace stamp, Tim Holtz doily stencil,Silhouette Cameo diecut, Chalkboard mist -white, Glimmermist-denim, Versamagic ink-mint, modelling paste, gesso

Thanks so much for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautiful and romantic! I love your lay-out a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another stunning layout, so very pretty, lovely colors and gorgeous photo.. love that memory box die too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous...gesso is amazing stuff, isn't it? And rather liking your new 'look' header.....VERY nice:):):)

    ReplyDelete