Sunday, May 11, 2014

Color Stories Inspiration #122

Hi Everyone,

The new case file is out at Color Stories Inspiration and this week challenge comes with a fabulous sketch designed by Emma Stafrace.  Pop on over to the CSI site to see all the gorgeous examples from the Design Team and Guest Designers and be inspired to give this week's case file a go.

Summertime

 Love this photo of Brittany being happy and carefree, enjoying a beautiful Summer's day, which was the inspiration for my LO on this week's case file. 

It took me a while to figure out the banner aspect on Emma's fabulous sketch.   I wasn't quite happy with how my original banner turned out, so in the end I fussy cut some hibiscus flowers to create a banner effect and was much happier with the outcome.
I wanted to add some tags to my LO as it was one of the evidence items, so I altered a few tiny tags with glimmer mist to blend in with the colour scheme, then topped them with mini word stickers and attached them to my banner along with some metal leaf charms and sprigs which cut with my Silhouette Cameo machine, which were also on the evidence list.
I found this lovely Kaisercraft flourish which has been sitting in my stash for quite a while and decided to alter it to fit in with the colour scheme.  I gave it a coat of gesso first, then coloured the leaves with some Viva Inca Gold in gold green.  Next I randomly coated the leaves with Stampendous aged embossing enamel to give them a bit of texture.  I randomly flicked the flourish with key lime glimmer mist and once dry added some highlights and texture to the branches with tiny orange microbeads applied randomly with fast drying glue.
Colour Scheme:  main colours used were Guacamole and Herb Sprig with touches of Orange Sherbet, white and black

Evidence:
flowers - love my flowers!! - fussy cut flowers in my banner
leaves - well what goes better with flowers than leaves! - metal leaf charms, leaf diecuts and chipboard leaf flourish
metal - metal leaf charms which were altered with some Viva Inca Gold in green gold
grid pattern - grid stamping on background
cursive font - my title
tags - tiny tags hanging from my flower banner
sprig - sprig leaves cut with my Silhouette Cameo in my flower banner.

Testimony:  Handwrite your journaling in cursive.
This is a big thing for me, as I'm not too keen on my handwriting.  I came across this lovely quote, which reads 'Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is a jeweled balm for the battered spirit.  A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all is right with the world' ~ Ada Louise Huxtable

Product Used:  Fancy Pants and MME and G45 pp's, black cs, Kaisercraft wooden flourish, tiny tags, MME word and banner stickers, Pink Paislee and Tim Holtz stamps, Crafters Workshop woodgrain stencil, metal charms, microbeads, modelling paste, olive green and tiger lily glimmermist, Viva Inka Gold-gold green, Stampendous aged green embossing enamel, Anita's butterfly sticker, Silhouette Cameo sprig diecut, Craft Queen washi tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. It's such a unique and tropical colour combination! I just love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE that quote....you, my scrappy friend, need to be told this. Your hand writing is GREAT...really nice & rounded & quirky.....I'm GLAD you did it & I shall expect to see it on more LOs now [said like a school ma'm looking over the top of my glasses at you:):)LOL!!!].......aaaaand...your 'banner' is absolutely perfect...what a really creative, clever idea! Do you 'get' that I rather like your page???!!!! I think it's just MWAH:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the flowers in the place of the banner, and such a pretty happy photo too.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I love the colours here Cathy! The background work is superb. Gorgeous layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfection plus Cathy, and your take on the sketch is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete