Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Challenge Heaven - New Challenges

Well the new challenges are up for the month at Challenge Heaven... so go and check them out for some wonderful inspiration... so many to choose from!!!

Here are my DT LO's for this month:

Theme Challenge

This month's theme challenge was Grandparents and you also had to use Kraft as your base.  Well  I had to dig around to find a photo and came up with an old one of Brittany and Luke with their Gran so my title was "Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever". Used some BG Kraft for my base and ripped and distressed the Fancy Pants pp so you could see more of the Kraft base, teamed with some lovely Prima pp's and a gorgeous flower to keep it soft and pretty.

Word Challenge

This month's challenge was to use the word "Sunshine" in your title and to use 4 pp's.

Loved using these bright & happy pp's.  The 4 I chose were the new MME Fine & Dandy, October Afternoon, Bo Bunny and My Little Shoebox.  My title reads "You are my little ray of Sunshine".  I decided to silhouette the photo of Brittany to make it stand out, then added some hand dyed doilies and pleated the punched border for some texture and finished off with some hand-stitching.



7 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous, Cathy! I esp love your sunshine one - probably because of the brights... you know I love brights! lol. Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cathy... love your style..the sunshine one is stunning, so bright and so cute.love the yellow doilies and the texture ... hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful layouts Cathy. Love 'em both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful Cathy! Love your pleated border & stitching on the 'sunshine' one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Cathy. Love the border on your Word Challenge, and how bright it is. Always love coming here for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these Cathy. They are both so distinctive in their own way. I'm a real Prima girl so I gotta love that one!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleasure to meet you, Cathy!!! Love this Sunshine LO of yours, congratulations!
    xox Julia Sáddi- Brazil

    ReplyDelete