Friday, December 24, 2010

A Little Catch Up Post


I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas with their families and friends. I am finally coming up for air after all the festivities. My sister was with us over Christmas and left last night. Just finished a bit of a clean up and now I have time to fit in a little post before we are off again to visit with family.

TCR #38

This is the 2nd of my Revolving Door Artist LO's for The Colour Room. A bit of a challenge for me, but I liked how it came out... luckily for me there was terracotta in this palette, so I had a bit of colour to work with. Managed to find some pp's in my stash that fit the palette and added a bit of lace and bling and some splashes of silver and terracotta paint.

Used one of my fav pics of Brittany at Christmas last year. I love this pic because she looks so pretty and girly in her gorgeous dress... I think I have mentioned before that Brittany is a bit of a tomboy and she just doesn't wear dresses, but made an exception for Christmas. This Christmas I nearly fainted with joy when she asked me if we could go shopping for a dress for Christmas Day and she purchased not 1 but 2 dresses!!!!! Shopping is another one of those girly things that she doesn't like... so I was very chuffed that she was OK about being seen out and about with her mum... really made my Christmas!!!

If you have a little time, go and have a browse in The Colour Room photo gallery... I'm sure you'll be inspired to try a palette or two.

I hope to have a little time to get in a few more challenges before the end of the month... fingers & toes crossed!!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! This layout is awesome. It actually inspired me to try TCR this week because you scrapped a girl photo and as you know I only have girls. When I saw the palette I thought I would give it a miss, then I saw this beautiful layout and am just about to sit down and give this a go. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. This page is so stunning esp with that gorgeous photo of your DD. I love how the blue in her dress makes the page totally stands out. Beautiful work, indeed!! Wishing you a great year ahead filled with lots of love and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, great work with these colours Cathy. I pulled out some papers today but not sure if I can make something out of them. The design is great and the torn paper looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy you never cease to amaze me with your stunning creations.... beautiful work .. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a beautiful layout for a beautiful young lady! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas? We did thanks :-)

    LOVE LOVE this layout, so elegant, so soft and pretty. Love what you did with that colour scheme. LOVE the whole design and that photo is so pretty!

    Happy New Year Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you Cathy.

    I was positive I left a comment on here the other day...must be going mad!! Lol!
    This is a stunning layout and love what you have done with the pallette.

    ReplyDelete