Thursday, December 16, 2010

SO EXCITED!!!


I








Received the most exciting news a week ago which I have had to keep to myself until today... I was asked by the girls at The Colour Room to be a Revolving Door Artist for palettes 37-40, which means having my work featured for 4 weeks. I was absolutely flabbergasted when I read the email, as it was so unexpected. I'm a little apprehensive as the caliber of the work on TCR is so amazing... but I have been telling myself that getting out of my comfort zone is a good thing when it comes to scrapping.

Joining me as an RDA is the gorgeous Belinda Spencer, who has the most amazing talent. Congrats Belinda, I know you are as excited as I am and I can't wait to see your beautiful creations!!!

TCR #37 - Simply Delightful

This weeks #37 palette is a soft pastel theme which was bit of a challenge for me as I love bright and bold colours. I chose various pp's from Fancy Pants, Shabby Green Door & MM, some stamping and hand cut elements. Finished off with a little cluster of Prima flowers, a few butterflies with a touch of bling for a bit of dimension.

Thank you so very much girls for inviting me in to the Colour Room... so honoured and very excited to share my interpretations of your fabulous colour palettes and I hope that I can inspire a few people along the way.

If you have a little spare time go and check out the gallery at TCR, I'm sure you'll be blown away by all the gorgeous creations here and hopefully you'll be inspired to have a go at this weeks palette.


Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love :)


18 comments:

  1. Congrats Cathy, that is awesome, exciting and well deserved news! Love this beautiful layout, so soft, pretty and gorgeous. You rock the colour combos!

    Have fun! Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! WELL DONE CATHY!!! I am so happy for you! I havent been over to The Colour Room yet so just saw this here!! CANNOT wait to see what you come up with!!! Way to go the AUssie girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exciting news...congrats Cathy! Your layout is simply gorgeous, it is certainly well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Cathy! So well deserved. Your layouts just seem to get more amazing every time. This new TCR LO is sensational. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Cathy!!!! That is so exciting, and very well deserved, your layouts are always so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Cathy !!! FANTASTIC NEWS ..you have so much talent .... you deserve to be recognised ... enjoy !! hugs x
    I was thinking of putting something on TCR but I have not a clue where to upload my page ???? it seems a little different to other sites x

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAHOO!!!! From one RDA to another: YOU ROCK!!! You will blow everyone away with your amazing work. So happy to share the spotlight with you. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Cathy!! What a fab opportunity and you won't have any trouble with the pallettes I'm sure!! Well deserved!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay.....Congratulations & so well deserved!! You rock every palette, so looking forward to your RDA inspirations!! Love this weeks LO, so soft and pretty with lots of details - gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for you well wishes & comments,I love reading them and each & everyone is greatly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Cathy!! A very well-deserved recognition :) Your work is always gorgeous!! Hugs. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Cathy!!! That is huge!!! I'm so glad you are being recognised. You deserve it totally! Well done! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Miss Cathy, CONGRATS to you. I just saw this today at TCR and so so deserved. Your palettes have always been spot on and your style is one of a kind so of course they would pick you. See above, example of how you rock TCR.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY....it's so awesome to have you at the color room Cathy... i like that i get to know you some more also.. you have such a fabulous scrapping style your layouts are always stunning and are always a pleasure to look at!

    thanks so much for popping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WELL DONE!! CONGRATS on your RDA Position..
    You SOOOO Deserve IT..
    Your Layouts Are Always Inspirational..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Cathy and I am not surprised they asked you - your work is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. WAHOOOOO!!!! I am so happy and excited for you! Totally deserved!! Your layouts are just AMAZING!!!Congrats and enoy your time there! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on you to be Guest Design of The Color Room.
    Your page is wonderful!


    My dear friend,
    wish to you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    And say I'm very happy to have met you this year, you are very special to me!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete