Thursday, December 2, 2010

WW1 - Dec Challenge


We had a fabulous response to last months WW1.  There were so many gorgeous entries and it was so so difficult to choose the winners!!!  This month at WW1 the challenge is white + grey + masking... pop on over and check out the CT creations, they are absolutely gorgeous... so many fabulous masking techniques!!!

Decided to mask the background of my LO with white paint and a BG doily which created a lovely soft lacy look.  A large scalloped circle in LYB pp to frame my photo and some doily lace with flowers and bling centres to tie in with the lacy look.  The flower cluster was made from a necklace which I pulled apart to reuse and added some Prima bling to glitz it up and a couple of pearl heart pins.  I stamped the journal spot for my title with a Tim Holtz stamp and also stamped the butterfly with a gorgeous Darkroom Door stamp in grey ink.  Finished off with a bit of ribbon and a bit more bling.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love :)

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Cathy. Love the masked background. I have this challenge on my radar...papers picked out...can't wait to play too!! B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, amazing cathy, lovin all of this, just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, that's gorgeous cathy! you've made a difficult colour challenge look so easy! awesome job... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fabulous page Cathy! So inspiring. Thanks for the blog-love. Catie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! stunning!!! I cant believe how good you have made it look. Way to go!Don't know if I will do this months....I'm not sure if I like just grey and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Cathy - you made it look so easy :) Love the pic especially with the pink flowers against all the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab love what you have done here Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is intensely awesome Cathy!!! Wow. Full-on - you so rock!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the masked background & those flowers are lovely, simply beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your LO example Cathy. The touch of pink in the flowers is draws you into the photo. The pp are stunning. I am about to post my WW1. I didnt have paper but my glimmermist was perfect.

    ReplyDelete