Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No Way



The Colour Room #35
Once again, I loved the vivid colour palette for TCR challenge 35.  Decided to create a grungy teen LO as I usually do girly LO's for the colour room.  This is a pic I took of Luke last Christmas Eve. Whilst I was clicking away I was trying to get some hints on my Chrissie present out of Luke.  The title reads "No Way - not telling mum" and the journal spot reads & Then He Said "OK just a little hint, but don't tell dad".
Used BG basics for my background with paint and Prima rubons and the yellow pp I hand cut  from some old Prima then added some cogs from Scrapmatts.  Also used some Sass Lass, Bo Bunny and a Cosmo journal spot.  The bingo card is made with a Tim Holtz stamp and the star punch is from Martha Stewart.
Exciting News!!
Just received an email from Scrapbooking memories that another of my LO's has been accepted for publication... SO EXCITED!!!

12 comments:

  1. How very wonderful Cathy, that is awesome news. I am super happy for you, your work so deserves to be in print.

    I love this layout and lol re: the comment that Luke gave you....cannot believe he caved and gave you a hint..I love the colours here and the bits you added on, I got you one of the bathroom suction things for stamping by the way, this is an gorgeous grungy boys page....Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Cathy! Love, love, LOVE your scrapping style!! And yay for getting another layout accepted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Cathy on another LO being published ..fantastic news and well deserved..
    love your page FOR THE COLOUR ROOM... those colours are sensational.. love the pic too ..
    love the way you have used the yellow edging .. beautiful work as always .. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!!! This really pops Cathy!! Fab job and love the bubble wrap stamping! Congrats on getting one of your gorgeous LO's accepted! That is so exciting :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the published LO :) You rocked this palette, love your LO with all the details and it never looks, awsome LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, I was meant to say 'it never looks overdone'.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cathy this is just beautiful. As soon as I saw it in the gallery today it stood out! I love all that you have done here. The photo, the balance of colours! EVERYTHING. I hope to see this featured this week! good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :)) Congrats on the cool email, yay!!! Still lovin' your layout, poppin' colours always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous in all its grunginess!! Absolutely love it Cathy...and big CONGRATS for having a lo accepted. WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Cathy and congratulations on having a lay out being published....yeah...Sofie from Scrapmatts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot Woot Cathy, just saw this fab LO featured at TCR. Well done. So deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo Hoo. Congrats on the to-be-published lo. This LO rocks. You are the master of colour.

    ReplyDelete